Can I join you?

Forum: Jewish Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Jewish Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2007, 02:16 PM
Julka
Hey mommies,

Can I join you here? I wasn't sure if I could because I am not technically Jewish, but my parents, grandparents and my entire family is, so I am from a Jewish background. I also lived in Israel for 7.5 years and know A LOT about Judaism, life in Israel, speak Hebrew, and so on. I love Jewish traditions, and holidays, and people!!!

But I am not Jewish... so I am cautious. But I really want to talk about Judaism and practices and all that stuff because I love it regardless. So I hope it's ok.

BTW, I am Julia, mommy to Natasha 7.5 months. I post a lot in the Sept 06 PR (Hi Randi and Stacy!), but want to expand to other JM boards. Hope to get to know you!

Julia.
May 2nd, 2007, 04:12 PM
Mom2DavidandAaron's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Hey mommies,

Can I join you here? I wasn't sure if I could because I am not technically Jewish, but my parents, grandparents and my entire family is, so I am from a Jewish background. I also lived in Israel for 7.5 years and know A LOT about Judaism, life in Israel, speak Hebrew, and so on. I love Jewish traditions, and holidays, and people!!!

But I am not Jewish... so I am cautious. But I really want to talk about Judaism and practices and all that stuff because I love it regardless. So I hope it's ok.

BTW, I am Julia, mommy to Natasha 7.5 months. I post a lot in the Sept 06 PR (Hi Randi and Stacy!), but want to expand to other JM boards. Hope to get to know you!

Julia.[/b]
Welcome to the board!!!!

Sharon
May 2nd, 2007, 05:48 PM
Super Mommy
Welcome. You sound like you know more about Judaism's then me. I don't speak or read Hebrew and I have never been to Israel. Just out of curiosity why are you not Jewish?

Stacy

May 2nd, 2007, 06:05 PM
Julka
Quote:
Welcome to the board!!!!

Sharon[/b]
Hi Sharon!

Quote:
Welcome. You sound like you know more about Judaism's then me. I don't speak or read Hebrew and I have never been to Israel. Just out of curiosity why are you not Jewish?

Stacy[/b]
Well, it's a long story but I converted to the Catholic faith. I love Judaism a lot, but my husband is Catholic, pretty devouted, and I just got really drawn to that faith and wanted to raise my daughter in a household that has 1 religion and not 2... kwim? But I still love Judaism and want her to be familiar with her heritage, the holidays, the traditions, and so on. My family is very reform Jewish, sometimes I don't even think they believe in God, but they identify themselves as Jewish. They follow some traditions like the "fun" ones, i.e. eating jelly donuts for Hannukah, honey bread for Rosh-Hashana, Humentash for Purim, and so on. But they don't attend synagogue, read the Torah, none of that.
May 17th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Bluebunnygirl1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your little girl is so beautiful!!!

May 22nd, 2007, 05:44 PM
rachna's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
course you can hon

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search