Very Frustrated.....

Forum: Jewish Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Jewish Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Mommy2n1
I know it's the "Christmas Season" but I am so sick of hearing about Christmas all the time. Being that my hubby wasn't brought up Jewish (he's converting but for some reason the Christmas is a hard thing to give up) we do celecrate Christmas "lite". It just seems like no matter where I go or what I do I can't seem to get away from it. I seriously thought about just not logging onto my playroom for the next month or so because I am the only Jewish mom and I feel so out of place there.

Am I alone in this?

~Jenn
November 27th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Mom2DavidandAaron's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I know it's the "Christmas Season" but I am so sick of hearing about Christmas all the time. Being that my hubby wasn't brought up Jewish (he's converting but for some reason the Christmas is a hard thing to give up) we do celecrate Christmas "lite". It just seems like no matter where I go or what I do I can't seem to get away from it. I seriously thought about just not logging onto my playroom for the next month or so because I am the only Jewish mom and I feel so out of place there.

Am I alone in this?

~Jenn[/b]
No, you're not alone. It's a yearly complain in this forum, actually
Christmas is a tough time of the year for us, especially for those Jewish parents that want to limit its influence. It's hard to do that when everywhere you turn there are Santas, reindeers, lights, trees and just maybe a couple of dreidels.
We just tune it out as much as possible. We make a big deal about Channukah, especially the 8 days of presents part

Sharon
November 27th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Mommy2n1
Thanks It's so nice to talk to people that "get it". I posted a thread at the playroom I go to and asked if instead of limiting threads to Christmas if they could put Holiday instead but according to them that infringes on their "freedom of speech".... I think it's crazy but that's their choice. I am seriously annoyed with their response. All the other forums I go to noone has ever had an issue with changing their wording to include everyone in the discussions.

Then again I had someone ask me what I was doing last thursday because I am Jewish so I must not be celebrating Thanksgiving . I had to explain to them that it's an AMERICAN holiday and although I am Jewish I am still an American. I swear the ignorance sometimes amazes me.
November 28th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Oh, you should try doing a search on "Jewish" or "Judaism" on Yahoo! Answers. You won't believe the amount of sheer ignorance floating around. I just replied to the question "Why are the teachings of jesus not taught by the jewish people?"

Sharon
November 29th, 2007, 05:22 AM
rachna's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh girl I SOOOOOOOOOOOOO feel you! its making me crazy! I've been ho ho ho'd by so many people in my DDC< and I know they mean well, but its driving me nuts!

and then people just think Hannukkah is the Jewish Christmas! I always say that I DONT celebrate the holidays because I get sick of people thinking that they are the same thing.

My playroom has been talking christmas non stop since September. Makes me nuts. NUTS NUTS NUTS

What really saddens me is how few people know what christmas is all about. its become a commercial holiday rather then religious. I am VERY thankful that Jewish holidays are not like that and that my children will be raised knowing what Hannukkah is and that its not about presents.

Glad we can vent about this

oh yea a friend and I were joking yesterday that we should boycott any store that doesnt say "Happy Hannukkah" when we walk in because it isnt the holiday season its HANNUKKAH season.
December 2nd, 2007, 06:40 PM
Veteran
I hear ya!! I can't stand the music in the stores. Even if I just think about going shopping, I get those songs in head.
December 3rd, 2007, 07:41 AM
rachna's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I hear ya!! I can't stand the music in the stores. Even if I just think about going shopping, I get those songs in head.[/b]
I am with you there! or in restaurants. We went out yesterday to this nice little crepe place, and it would have been perfect if i didnt have to hear christmas music blasting in my ears
December 3rd, 2007, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Quote:
I hear ya!! I can't stand the music in the stores. Even if I just think about going shopping, I get those songs in head.[/b]
I am with you there! or in restaurants. We went out yesterday to this nice little crepe place, and it would have been perfect if i didnt have to hear christmas music blasting in my ears
[/b]
Oh and apparently those songs were written with the specific idea of getting them stuck in your head.

Sharon
December 4th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Mommy2n1
Quote:
Oh and apparently those songs were written with the specific idea of getting them stuck in your head.

Sharon[/b]
Haha of course they were!!!
December 21st, 2007, 09:24 AM
Bluebunnygirl1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
oh yea a friend and I were joking yesterday that we should boycott any store that doesnt say "Happy Hannukkah" when we walk in because it isnt the holiday season its HANNUKKAH season.[/b]
LOL! Thanks for posting this thought!

December 25th, 2007, 10:59 PM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
Nevermind, Christmas is over..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search