Somewhere in the middle

Forum: Traditional Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traditional Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 28th, 2005, 03:44 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
I am in a dilemna because I fall somewhere in the middle on my parenting style. I think I fit here more than anywhere else though. I have used cry-it-out. I've used crib-sleeping. I've used co-sleeping. I have bottlefed and I have breastfed. I will say I have only used disposable diapers though, lol. Each of my kids have been a little different as far as what they needed for parenting. I know a lot of people see my dh and I as very old school in our parenting thoughts so I figure this is the place for me.

Teresa

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
December 28th, 2005, 04:04 PM
~*Dina*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am too Teresa. I have used the CIO method with my older 2 but have yet to use it with Hannah. I breastfed all 3 of my kids for the first 1-3 months then switched to bottle feeding. We co-slept with our older 2 children but w/Hannah she's a crib sleeper (unless she's sick) and ALWAYS used disposable diapers. I think I def. fit here more than other way though.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

December 29th, 2005, 04:59 AM
jodi16ss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I fall somewhere in the middle as well! I breastfed for four weeks with my first and then switched to bottlefeeding. We never co-sleep and I don't plan on it. I think there are so many variations but this fits me best!

Proud Mommy to Jackson (5/1/03) & Isabella (6/16/06)
December 29th, 2005, 08:55 AM
Ashes78
I did the more AP parenting style with Zach when he was little but I do more traditional parenting with Xan. He has such a different temperment than Zach did. I think soo much of it depends on the child and their personality. Zach wouldn't sleep unless I was next to him, from the time he was born. Xan on the other hand, tosses and turns and kicks...neither of us got sleep when I tried having him sleep in the bed with me..lol.
December 29th, 2005, 09:50 AM
MinnesotaMommy
I guess I'd fall in there too, I BF only my dd and not the boys. I dryed up after 2 months of BF dd and didn't even try with my 3rd.
December 29th, 2005, 11:09 AM
wclark602002's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I am in a dilemna because I fall somewhere in the middle on my parenting style. I think I fit here more than anywhere else though. I have used cry-it-out. I've used crib-sleeping. I've used co-sleeping. I have bottlefed and I have breastfed. I will say I have only used disposable diapers though, lol. Each of my kids have been a little different as far as what they needed for parenting. I know a lot of people see my dh and I as very old school in our parenting thoughts so I figure this is the place for me.

Teresa[/b]

my DD sydney is a st patties baby ...i dont feel like the only weird one here then,ive breast and bottled both,co slept and crib slept,cloth and disposable,each kid had different needs,,hope i still fit in here

Virtapay, alternative to paypal...its FREE!!!
http://www.virtapay.com/r/wclark602002
December 29th, 2005, 04:40 PM
.Amanda.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I fit in the middle too...River is my first and i've tried all kinds of things with him trying to find what works. I let him CIO a little bit, he sleeps in his crib most of the night, i've bottlefed him since he was one month and i use disposable diapers.

December 29th, 2005, 05:49 PM
Ashes78
I know this is OT but I love the name River! It was on my list of baby names but dh didn't like it.
December 29th, 2005, 07:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am the same, I have done different things with different children. I didn't co-sleep with my first 3, but did with the other 2. I have let my babies CIO (but not when they're very little), I've never used a cloth diaper, and next week I am leaving my baby at my mom's with a formula filled bottle (I'm breastfeeding).
This sounds like the place for me too.
December 31st, 2005, 12:26 PM
hopin4a4rth
I'm in the middle too. I have used CIO in the past... hope I don't need to w/ this baby and never did w/ DD.

I only use disposables.

I co-sleep for no more than 4 mos and use a crib for napping & on those nights that I just need some space.

At the same time, I'm pretty attached to my kids. I use gentle discipline & work on learning what each child needs rather than doing it the same for all of them. I do wear my babies and believe in extended breastfeeding... so I do fall in the middle
January 2nd, 2006, 05:58 PM
.Amanda.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I know this is OT but I love the name River! It was on my list of baby names but dh didn't like it. [/b]
Thanks! It was DHs idea, and i loved it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search