Stupid Question

Forum: Traditional Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traditional Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 29th, 2005, 11:01 AM
amyla
Could someone please explain to me how the type of diapers you use determine the type of parenting style you are - Traditional/Disposable and Cloth/Attachment???

I just don't get how cloth diapers translates into attachment parenting. I understand co-sleeping, breastfeeding, that type of stuff and it's connection to attachment parenting. But I just don't see how washing a diaper as opposed to throwing one away makes it 'attachment'.

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated!!
December 29th, 2005, 11:03 AM
wclark602002's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i dunno either i guess im a weirdo then cuz i use cloth a lot at home but still used the disposable ones to,i found it lowered the diaper rash occurances,hope yall dont boot me cuz of this LOL

Virtapay, alternative to paypal...its FREE!!!
http://www.virtapay.com/r/wclark602002
December 29th, 2005, 03:03 PM
kellybee's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to kellybee
I never understood that either. My sister tried cloth diapers for a while with her first. But after a while of scraping poo out of them into the toilet she decided it just wasn't happening anymore. Much less gagging if you can just wrap it up and toss it out.

Personally, between the cats and the dog, we've got enough poo hanging around this house. Better to be done with it as quickly as possible!!

December 29th, 2005, 03:58 PM
~Casey~'s Avatar GraceNorraJennaMomma
Send a message via MSN to ~Casey~
I think it just goes with the territory. I think a lot of attatchment parenters like to take the most natural, holistic approach to things. Obviously cloth diapers are less irritating since they don't have any of that gel stuff in them, but I do not think it makes anyone a better parent. I also think that using cloth diapers makes you more attatched to your house than your child. I'm sure not everyone would agree, but I wouldn't want to tote around bilky cloth diapers and covers.

January 5th, 2006, 11:42 AM
tevinsangel
I agree with Cassandra. I have a friend who has 5 kids and she uses cloth diapers and I say hey...more power to her if she wants to do it. I personally like disposable for just that..they are disposable.
January 6th, 2006, 07:02 PM
MamaAshley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
To me I don't think using cloth diapers makes you any better a parent than one who uses disposables. I think it just goes hand in hand with the whole natural approach attached mommys tend to use toward raising their babies. I use disposables, have no problems using them, we get the occasional diaper rash, usually resulting in my trying a different brand that doesn't work well with my kids skin. I just don't have the time and energy to cloth diaper, I have enough laundry as it is, plus with 2 toddlers, a baby on the way, and 3 cats I clean enough poop as it is!

Ashley, pre-RN student, birth doula and busy SAHM to Brianne 6, Colin 5, Kylie 4,
Bryson 2,and our lil man Noah Alexander turns one year on 7/5/10!

January 7th, 2006, 03:55 PM
dkmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
i dunno either i guess im a weirdo then cuz i use cloth a lot at home but still used the disposable ones to,i found it lowered the diaper rash occurances,hope yall dont boot me cuz of this LOL[/b]
no, we'll let ya stay
January 16th, 2006, 08:06 PM
Kelly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I asked this on the AP board, let me see if I can find my post...

Aha! Found it!

http://www.justmommies.com/boards/index.ph...l=cloth+diapers
Due January 2nd with baby #3!

January 17th, 2006, 06:25 AM
amyla
Quote:
I asked this on the AP board, let me see if I can find my post...

Aha! Found it!

http://www.justmommies.com/boards/index.ph...l=cloth+diapers[/b]

God Bless you!! I was too afraid to ask that question on that board. Thanks for finding the post.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search