When diapering your little ones....

Forum: Traditional Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traditional Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2005, 04:31 PM
~Casey~'s Avatar GraceNorraJennaMomma
Send a message via MSN to ~Casey~
do you always use a diaper cream for a barrier or do you only use it when there is a diaper rash flare-up?
What brand do you find works best for rashes?

So far I have only been using it for flare ups.
I have only used Balmex so far, but have a little of everything. She hasn't really had much diaper rash yet, but I was curious what everyone likes best.

December 30th, 2005, 05:21 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
My SIL used Desitin most of the time and only for flare ups.

My sisters all used this stuff called Utter butter or something like that. I saw it in the pet aisle...it comes in a can (green). They used to put it on cows udders when they got chapped (not sure if they still do). I think they only used it for flare ups too.

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

December 30th, 2005, 05:37 PM
~Casey~'s Avatar GraceNorraJennaMomma
Send a message via MSN to ~Casey~
Quote:
My SIL used Desitin most of the time and only for flare ups.

My sisters all used this stuff called Utter butter or something like that. I saw it in the pet aisle...it comes in a can (green). They used to put it on cows udders when they got chapped (not sure if they still do). I think they only used it for flare ups too.[/b]
I've heard of that! I'm sure there are all different kinds, but the stuff I've seen is Utter Balm. That stuff rocks for heel callouses! I'm a nail tech and do pedicures for a living and I think it works better than a lot of the expensive heel creams. Sorry a little o/t, but just had to add.

December 30th, 2005, 05:47 PM
gemini6774's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I use penatin, and I use it all the time as a barrier.

December 30th, 2005, 06:32 PM
wclark602002's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i only used it on flare ups and the utter butter is awesome!!!! i like A&D too...air dryin helps a lot if you have time

Virtapay, alternative to paypal...its FREE!!!
http://www.virtapay.com/r/wclark602002
December 30th, 2005, 07:27 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Never used it ... so far no diaper rash and 4 mos old!
December 30th, 2005, 09:47 PM
.Amanda.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I use Desitin on River's night time diaper, other than that we haven't needed it!

December 31st, 2005, 07:07 AM
tevinsangel
I use the stuff in a green can from the pet asile too..and it's called Bag Balm where I live (IL). It works wonders, clears up a rash within a few hours for us. I use it at night as a guard. A pharmacist recommended it to me when DD had a reaction to an antibiotic and it cleared up a very painful diaper rash up over night.
December 31st, 2005, 08:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
havent used any diaper cream yet, no need for it, if he was to get a rash then i would use desitin or balmax because of their reputations

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
December 31st, 2005, 08:46 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
I use it for flare ups only. My kids have problems with diaper rash so we try to keep it on hand. Any time we have used any diapers other than Pampers they get rashes, including cloth diapers. I did try cloth diapers once because of the problems we've had with diaper rash and they did not help at all. We usually use Desitin or Balmex. I like them both.

Teresa

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
December 31st, 2005, 10:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am not that particular about diaper rash cream, right now I am using Aveeno, and it's good.
When my babies are little I use vaseline when there are no flare ups, and otherwise the aveeno or penaten or whatever. After they're a bit older and we have no problems I dont use anything.
January 2nd, 2006, 05:01 PM
JuneBug2006's Avatar Forever missing Gracie
I don't remember using it all the time, only at flare-ups.... We always caught in time though before it got bad.....

Most we used Penatin? or Desitin.... lol, it has been a long time for me since diapers.......

I remebmer always using baby powder though.
January 2nd, 2006, 06:36 PM
CeiCei's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CeiCei Send a message via MSN to CeiCei Send a message via Yahoo to CeiCei
I bought diaper rash cream for Little Ernest, but I have found it to be useless for me. He's had two small rashes. They last only two days and all I do is change his diaper more frequently. The kind I bought is called Desitin. It's not bad I just think it's too heavy on his skin.

My Three Princes: Cordell (23 y/o), Ernest (5 y/o), Robert (4 y/o)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search