pregnancy

Forum: Traditional Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traditional Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2005, 09:50 PM
.Amanda.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is a good question...I was right down the middle. I had a midwife, but delivered in a hospital with an epidural. I was induced due to low fluid. I did avoid everything "they" say too like tuna, sushi, deli meat, caffeine etc and i did add a daily walk to my life that wasn't there before.

December 31st, 2005, 07:02 AM
wind_ryder's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to wind_ryder
I'm pregnant right now. I have a midwife, I've have had two ultra sounds at his point (16.5 weeks). We will be finding out the sex. I work from home so I didn't have to leave my job. I had an eating disorder for ten years before I got pregnant so my eating has really changed...I guess you could say I'm eating normally although I feel like I'm eating too much. I still drink coffee and I don't exercise. I do take prenatal vitamines. I was anti-social before getting pregnant so it wasn't a change. The one big change (well aside from the changing me eating, not puking or taking laxatives) was not drinking. This is really hard on me. My husband and I LOVE to drink. I guess it's easier than I thought but it's making the pregnancy feel very long.
December 31st, 2005, 07:03 AM
tevinsangel
Had an epidural (thank God for those things). Took vitamins, did walking until they started bringing on contractions at 22 weeks. Did have my Pepsi with caffeine every so often, did not eat tuna or undercooked meat, etc. Pretty normal I suppose.
December 31st, 2005, 12:29 PM
hopin4a4rth
#1 ~ followed the books during the pregnancy. found our gender... Was induced. 48 hrs of labor w/ no pain meds.

#2 ~ Again, followed the books during pregnancy..found out gender... Was induced 14 hrs of labor w/ no pain meds.

#3 ~ Followed book... found out gender... was induced. 12 hrs of labor w/ an epdidural (What a difference!!!!)

This baby... I'm following the books again Will find out gender. I have a midwife instead of an OB, but will be delivering in the hospital. I hope to go into labor naturally andi f so I hope to have no pain meds... but if I need them I don't get upset w/ myself.
December 31st, 2005, 06:20 PM
MamaAshley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With pregnancy I tend to lean toward the more natural side of things, I don't do any of the screening on the baby, it wont' make me abort even if we find something is wrong so why waste the time worrying over something we can't prevent/help? I use a midwife, I don't use epidurals, I eat whatever I want, I don't excersize much, unless u call chasing me one and two year olds around all day working out! I do find out the sexes, I have a DD who's 2, a DS who's 1 and due April 10th with a baby girl. I'm studying to bne a midwife in the far future so i'm pretty big into going to natural route, but not against pain meds or anything if it's needed.

Ashley, pre-RN student, birth doula and busy SAHM to Brianne 6, Colin 5, Kylie 4,
Bryson 2,and our lil man Noah Alexander turns one year on 7/5/10!

December 31st, 2005, 08:40 PM
dkmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i didn't read any of the books, or take birthing classes. I took the vitamins, but chased them with mountain dew (for some reason it curbed my Morning Sickness) I did cut back the tuna, but i still ate it once in a while. I tried to eat a little healthier, so i had salad every once in a while. Went into labor naturally with DS and had him with no pain meds. not because i wanted to go the "natural route" basically cuz i kept telling myself i could handle the pain, if it gets worse i'll ask for drugs. then it would get worse and i would say the same thing, its bad, but i can take it.
with DD i did all the same things, except i had a scheduled c-section due to her size. doc gave me the choice of trying to have her naturally, but i basically said, been there done that lets see what this ones like. now i can tell people how much i wish i would have had a section with DS cuz it was such a piece of cake! LOL
January 2nd, 2006, 05:15 PM
JuneBug2006's Avatar Forever missing Gracie
I pretty much followed the books but based all my decisions on my own personal thoughts, as well as family and my doctor........

I did not find out what the sex was.
I gave birth in a hospital completely natural..
My eating was alright but was not where it should have been.
I did religiously take my prenatal vitamins....
January 2nd, 2006, 06:48 PM
CeiCei's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CeiCei Send a message via MSN to CeiCei Send a message via Yahoo to CeiCei
That is a good question. My pregnancy was textbook until I went into labor then all hell broke loose. I was growing like I was suppose to, all test came back negative, symptoms normal during pregnancy I had like clockwork, and we chose not to find out the sex until birth. Although I planned to have a natural birth I couldn't because my contractions were no where normal and I wouldn't progress past 7 cm. That left me having to get an epidural, take pition (whatever that medicine is), and then get a c-section.

My Three Princes: Cordell (23 y/o), Ernest (5 y/o), Robert (4 y/o)

January 2nd, 2006, 07:24 PM
~Casey~'s Avatar GraceNorraJennaMomma
Send a message via MSN to ~Casey~
I just kept on living my life. I just used common sense about things. I took the vitamins, couldn't exercise because my mw said no, I used a mid-wife, but saw the doc more because of severe gestational diabetes. We found out the sex. I totally planned on having an epidural from the minute I found out that I was prego, but ended up having a sceduled c-section. I have no idea what a contraction feels like. My eating was super because of my gd. I took LOTS of insulin every day and glucophage too. I loved my section! I have no intentions of trying for a v-bac next time.

January 3rd, 2006, 04:13 AM
jodi16ss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my first pregnancy (and so far with this one), I was pretty traditional - took vitamins, still had a little caffeine, didn't eat quite the best, but obviously didn't smoke, drink, or do drugs. I just used my head - common sense!

Proud Mommy to Jackson (5/1/03) & Isabella (6/16/06)
January 3rd, 2006, 06:25 AM
amyla
i basically haven't changed anything in my lifestyle, besides the drinking like a fish part. i eat whatever i want and haven't started to exercise due to the pregnancy. i'll do that AFTER the baby comes, heehee.

but i must say, even for not changing my lifestyle that much, i'm not a happy pregnant person. i am miserable! i guess some of us deal with it better than others.

i will find out the gender (today hopefully).
January 3rd, 2006, 01:53 PM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am a miserble pregnant person too lol
I cant wait to have the baby! I feel like im gonna explode

As far as my pregnancy goes. I stoped drinking of course. I sorta watched what I ate. Didnt drink much pop or anything w/caffine.But after i found out about my enormous kidney stone 10mm I cant have pop sooo.. And. Dr has limited me on processed foods and salty foods so i really have to watch now.
Ive taken my vitamins ect. I dont exercise my mom has went on and on about that but i figure after the baby comes i will get plenty of exercise keeping up with her hehe.. As far as birth gonna have it in the hospital prolly have epi just have to wait and see how bad the pain is hehe!!

January 3rd, 2006, 03:00 PM
EmilysMommy04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to EmilysMommy04
Duning my pregnancy I ate like a cow. I craved pizza. I craved wendys spicy chicken with cz and extra mayo. I dont smoke ,drink or do drugs so that was never an issue. I had 4 U/S's. The last 2 were the week i delivered. I had one on a weds and one on a fri. Because i was gaining 123llbs a week in extra fluid and they wanted to find out why, The last U?s was fri. april 9th they also did an amnio centisis test on me. To make sure she was fine. Turns out she was just a big baby thats why I was gaining extra fluid.I went to the potty on April 10th at 5:45 am thats when the alarm clock went off and my water broke on the potty. I was in natural labor from that time till 4pm when I ghot an epi because they were taking me in for a c-section Emilys heart rate was dropping, she was stressed and I had been 9 cm dialated for 4 hrs. We had the c-section her head was to big for my bone. She was born 8llbs 1 oz 20 1/2 inches long. I enjoyed my pregnancy except the back aches. I hope to be preg now we will find out at the end of the mnth.
Oh and I was a book reader while you are waiting ,411 ect.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search