Do you or did you...

Forum: Traditional Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traditional Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2006, 10:05 AM
~Casey~'s Avatar GraceNorraJennaMomma
Send a message via MSN to ~Casey~
put your child in their crib from day one? Or did you have a bassinet or cradle in your room for a while?

We put Grace in her crib in her own bedroom from day one. I may have been tempted to put her pack n play in our room if our bedroom was large enough, but our room barely fits our regular furniture anyway. So it was an easy decision for us and co-sleeping was NEVER an option.

January 8th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Regular
We were in the same situation, not enough room for our furniture yet alone a crib. Airen was in the crib from his first day home. Never a thought of co sleeping. Of course if he did awake at night my husband would go comfort him and hold him on the futon till he was calm again, but back to the crib he went once settled.

~~Karen
January 8th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Lynettesmommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynettesmommy
we put Lynette in her crib from day one but in our room,we have to b/c we only have a one vbedroom apartment. And I am bad because when she wakes up in the night for a bottle she falls asleep on my chest and then I fall asleep to. I never believed in co-sleeping but I just fall asleep. Im trying to break my self of it now though. When my sister moves out we will put Lynette in the dining room b/c we dont have a table and chairs there.
January 8th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My oldest was in a crib in her own room from day 1.
My second was in a cradle in my room for 3 weeks and moved out.
My third was in a cradle in my room for 5 weeks and moved how.

That's very traditional of me.

But because I don't fit into one catagory......

My 4th was a preemie and when she came home she would not go to sleep without me (being handled by different people for the first 5 weeks of your life is not a great thing for a newborn), and she had some tummy troubles so we co-slept untill she was 4 months old.

Julia is colicky, and during the night I feel her pulling up her legs and she's all gassy, so we co-sleep. Ideally I would not co-sleep and if I did I would want to be done with it at the 6-8 week mark, because it's going to get harder to get her used to her own bed as she gets older. However, I have to choose between co-sleeping or no-sleeping, so co-sleeping it is. And it's not like she is being a little stinker, she in in pain, I feel bad for her and need to do what I can to make her more comfortable.
January 9th, 2006, 12:12 PM
jodi16ss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We put Jackson in his crib from day one. During the day, he would nap in his cradle in whatever room I was in, but for the most part - he slept in his crib. It went over really well and it worked for us!

Proud Mommy to Jackson (5/1/03) & Isabella (6/16/06)
January 9th, 2006, 06:51 PM
tevinsangel
Riley started out in the pack in play next to my side of the bed, then it was to the bouncy chair, then it was several weeks of co-sleeping..just so I could actually get more than 2 hours of sleep a night. Then after a few weeks of getting 7 hours of sleep a night, I worked with him on sleeping in his crib. Now, he sleeps in his crib at night. But he still won't take a nap in it during the day, he wants to sleep on my bed IF he takes a nap.
January 9th, 2006, 08:09 PM
MinnesotaMommy
We put my first and youngest in a bassinet first before crib. And my dd was in the crib from the very beginning.
January 10th, 2006, 06:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hate to say...we co-sleep. It was never my plan but has been done out of necessity (and me keeping my sanity). Our bedroom is huge so we had room to keep his crib or pack and play in there (the pnp is in there now) so that wasn't the issue. He just loves sleeping with me. He's getting better though and we're gonna start trying soon to get him in his own bed. He's been throwing his arms around everywhere in the middle of the night and I've gotten punched in the face a few time...LOL
January 10th, 2006, 08:48 AM
JuneBug2006's Avatar Forever missing Gracie
Alex was in a bassinet for 2 months before I put him in to a crib.....

I plan on doing the same with Junebug when he/she arrives....

We are still waiting for a 3 bedroom apartment to open up in our building though so regardless, junebug will have his/her own room but just wont' sleep in it at first.
January 14th, 2006, 10:27 AM
Ashes78
Xan slept in our room in a bassinet until he was almost 2 months old. He started getting too big for the bassinet so we moved him to the crib.
January 15th, 2006, 07:05 AM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Colee
Emily was in a bassinet for about 4 weeks in our room,then to her own room and crib she went. Ryan only made it about 1.5-2 weeks in the bassinet in our room and off to his own room and crib he went.....I would have liked to keep them in our room longer,but I couldnt get any sleep with them in our room...every little noise I had to check on them...so with them in their own rooms I wasnt checking on them every 10 minutes...

</div>

</blockquote>
January 18th, 2006, 09:28 PM
kjomomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to kjomomma
with #1 i tried AP and realized i did not fit inot that category but i did cosleep with him. mostly b/c even after i stopped breastfeeding he stayed on the every 2-3 hour schedule and did not sleep through the night till he was 7 months old

#2 slept in her bouncy seat or bassinet till she was a few months old and then went to her room in the crib

#3 same as #2 but when she started climbing out of the crib at 1 we had to put her next to our bed on the floor b/c she would wonder the house at night and would try to go out the front door. i just got her back in her own bed a couple months ago and she is almost 3

#4 same as the last 2 but stayed in my room a little longer b/c she's my last and i wanted her with me a little longer but she is 10 months old and sleeps in her own room now
Bryce(8)
Kyndal (6)
Alayna(3)
And Rayanna (2)
January 19th, 2006, 07:26 AM
Kelly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Davey slept in a playpen in our room for the first few months. Only because his bedroom was WAY across the house and we didn't have a monitor, and because I liked having him in the room with me.

Then we moved up here, his bedroom is right next to ours, he is literally on the other side of the wall from our head board (and we use a monitor). So he sleeps in his crib every night, but I do wake up with him at 6 or 7 am to feed him and we usually sleep in my bed until we get up for the day (9 or 10-ish). I started doing that when DH would work night sifts and not be home until 9 am. I could never sleep the whole night like that though because I don't really get real sleep with him in the bed, I have to be aware of my surroundings so it's a light sleep. I like to watch him sleep sometimes too, he is my little man!

January 21st, 2006, 02:56 PM
Veteran
All of mine slept in a bassinette next to my bed for the first few weeks. My older two coslept with us after the bassinette. They had their own rooms and would nap in them but slept with us at night along with the dog and 2 cats My youngest was in the bassinette for a few weeks then on me for a couple weeks, after that he only wanted to sleep in his crib. Honestly sometimes I wish that he wanted to sleep with us. I loved cuddling with them while they slept.
Madeline 9/25/96
Kyle 10/19/04

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search