Do you work...

Forum: Traditional Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traditional Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2006, 08:50 PM
~Casey~'s Avatar GraceNorraJennaMomma
Send a message via MSN to ~Casey~
outside of the home? If so what do you do? Tell us if you are a SAHM or a WAHM. If you are working outside of the home what do you or are you planning on doing for daycare?

I am a licensed nail technician and I work part-time in a day spa. I only do natural nail manicures and pedicures. Before I had Grace I worked six days a week, so my four days a week right now seems like a dream! On monday evenings and Saturdays my dh is home with her. On Wed my MIL has her at my parents house which is a loft above the spa where I work so I can go see her whenever I want. On Fridays she is with my parents at their house also. Since I have to work, at least I have a pretty sweet little situation. I feel blessed!

January 9th, 2006, 09:17 PM
MinnesotaMommy
I work at Subway about 25 hours a week. I work only when dh is home with the kids.
January 10th, 2006, 07:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I work for my family's produce wholesale company doing payroll. I was working full time up until I had Brandon and now am working two days a week (Tues & Thurs) while my mom watches him for me at her house. I hate working but I make some extra money and me and Brandon have free health insurance this way (to get on Jason's we'd be paying $500 a month...yikes!). My mom calls me about 5 times a day to update me on what they are doing. LOL
January 10th, 2006, 10:37 AM
3Xblessed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I teach full time at the high school level. My hours are awesome (8:30 through 3pm) and I get a ton of holidays not to mention summer vaction. Seriously teaching is the best profession for mothers....

Right now my kids are all at an in-home daycare with the lady that used to babysit dh. Next year the twins will go to preschool and the littlest will stay at the in-home daycare.
January 10th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Jennlou9's Avatar Regular
I work, I am in the Military, my DH will be able to stay home with the baby. He is watching two kids right now part time, but will soon be full time, so we fell very blessed for this opportunity that just came about. I did not want to put my baby in day care if I could help it.

January 10th, 2006, 11:50 AM
.Amanda.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I work part-time, mostly at home for a large non-profit. I'm trying to quit altogether and be a SAHM, but i have to help recruit my replacement first. I work 3 half days per week in the office and either bring DS with me or DH stays home and watches him. DH goes back to work in March, so i hope to be done working by then!

January 10th, 2006, 01:47 PM
joyfulmommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I stay at home and homeschool my oldest dd. I love it! I also feel very blessed. I cant imagine putting my children in a daycare, probably because I worked at one while I was in college.

Brooke
mom to...
Mariah
Savannah
JJ
Allison
January 10th, 2006, 02:06 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
I was working full time (but temporily) for a company that is contracted with NASA. My contract with that company ended January 6, 2006 so now I am at home until I can find another job (until the baby comes). Once the baby comes I will be a SAHM or a WAHM (doing ebay and stuff like that online).

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

January 11th, 2006, 06:53 AM
jodi16ss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am a paralegal. I work 3-4 days per week at a lawfirm. I also go to school two nights per week. Thankfully, my mom watches my son (and will also watch this next baby) while I work.

Proud Mommy to Jackson (5/1/03) & Isabella (6/16/06)
January 11th, 2006, 09:47 AM
kellybee's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to kellybee
I work full-time as a paralegal for a sole practitioner. My daughter's 13 but I've worked and/or gone to school full time since she was a baby. When we have another, I plan to keep working, but hopefully we'll be in a position to cut down my hours some as I'd like to stay home a bit more if I can!

January 11th, 2006, 11:09 AM
~*Dina*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I work full time as a Customer Serive Rep. for a local poultry company. My older 2 kids go to school and after they go to an afterschool program right at there school. The baby goes to my grama's house. Which my grama loves to keep her, and I even pay her $75 a week.

I was a SAHM for about a year and I loved it, but I had to go back to work because we decided to buy a house. Dumb move, I wanna be home with the kids.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

January 11th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Ashes78
I am a SAHM. I have 3 boys and a husband so I stay very busy..hehe. I feel like I am constantly cooking, cleaning, doing dishes and doing laundry. This week I am repainting the livingroom, kitchen, hall, bathrooms and our bedroom.
January 11th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I work at the Post Office. I work in a big facility that processes the mail that gets delivered to people's houses.

I work from 6 am to 2:30 PM DH works nights. My 12-almost 13 year old is going to watch the baby for an hour in the morning until DH gets home. With our days off my son will only watch him 3 hours a week.
January 11th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have 5 young children (my oldest is 8), so I could not imagine working outside the house. I did work very part time after my oldest was born, because I needed to get my hours in for my hairdressing licence.
I now do some haircutting, I don't persue it, but I do enough to make $100 or so a month.
January 12th, 2006, 07:53 AM
amyla
I work fulltime for a large corporation in their sales and marketing department. I am a contract employee, but I've talked to my boss about coming back maybe like 2 days a week in september. I am so thrilled that they aren't writing me off and basically helping me out by giving me something to do part time.

I'm very lucky, I definitely don't need to work, but I just want some of my own spending money and some interaction with adults. My SO works for another large corporation and they have onsite daycare, so he'll take the baby there 2 days a week. But when he travels I suppose I'll have to take her and pick her up.
January 12th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Colee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Colee
I am a SAHM....and lovin it!!!

</div>

</blockquote>
January 12th, 2006, 09:17 PM
tevinsangel
SAHM of two. Oldest is my DD, she is 4 1/2 yrs and my DS, he is 3 1/2 months old. Only thing that is hard for me is no adult interaction.
January 15th, 2006, 08:41 PM
kjomomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to kjomomma
i work full time at a nursing home on first shift i am a medication aide. dh works full time on second shift. we have 4 kids and he basically meets me at the van when i pull in the driveway. i hate it but it's what we have to do for now. i am here with the kids from 4 till 1 in the morning and right now we are down to one car so that sucks real bad.

BTW-- i love this board
Bryce(8)
Kyndal (6)
Alayna(3)
And Rayanna (2)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search