Need help! Gaby not staying in her bed at night

Forum: Traditional Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traditional Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Gaby hates her bed all of a sudden - i'm guessing because she threw up in it last week.

She SCREAMS when I put her to bed, runs to the door & finds a way to open it - usually by piling up toys, clothes, pillows - whatever, and then runs into my room & dives into my bed & goes under the blankets (so I can't see her..).

It isn't so bad when it's before *I* go to bed, but when it is 2am, I don't like it. Yes, Gaby cuddles are lovely - BUT she is horrible to sleep with, kicks me, slaps me, makes me fall out of the bed. I don't want her to get into the habit of sleeping in my bed with me - because the fact of the matter is that once or twice a month she spends the night at her father's house - and it isn't like *I* can be there to sleep with her, kwim?

It's gotten to the point that at 2am this morning I was taking EVERYTHING out of her bedroom, that she could use to stand on to open the door & come into my room. I just don't want her getting into that habit.

I know some people will look down on this attitude, but it's something I feel strongly about.......

So ladies - HOW do I get her to like her bed again? HOW do I keep her in her bedroom? HOW do I stop her getting that dang door open??

February 6th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Jami&Marshall's Avatar Jami&Marshall
Send a message via MSN to Jami&Marshall
I would say maybe sleep in her room with her for a night might help. Honestly though, the only thing that I have found that works is persistence and just keep puting her back in her bed. I know that isn't exactly ideal at 2am, but I know that persistence works for us. Good luck!

February 6th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ditto Jami, just be consistant and keep putting her back to bed until she knows she won't get away with it anymore and she gives up. It might mean standing outside her door so you can stop her as soon as she opens it for the first couple nights, but you've got to nip it in the bud as soon as you can. Good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search