Big Boy Room

Forum: Traditional Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traditional Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2009, 10:47 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
This weekend, Jordan and I made the bold move of transitioning Caleb to a big boy bed so that we could start moving the crib into the new nursery.

He did pretty good until it was night night time, and he had a fit and said that he was scared (mostly because of the bedding that we picked out, coupled with the change). He cried for about an hour and a half even with consoling him because he was so scared, but he eventually settled down enough and got sleepy enough that we could put him back in the bed. He slept for an hour before waking up again, and this time, Jordan went in there and within 15 minutes, he was out for the rest of the night.

We removed the "scary" comforter, and put on a fleece blanket.

Last night (sunday), he didn't even pitch a fit, and went down easy.

Other than Saturday night, the transition was very easy.

Now, if only I can get him to sleep in later like he did while he was in his crib
February 20th, 2009, 05:57 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww, poor thing. What was so scary about the comforter? LOL

I'm glad the transition went smoothly after that! What a big boy!

February 20th, 2009, 06:57 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
Jordan found a spiderman comforter for $9.18 at Target, and we just couldn't pass that up. He was fine with it at first until we put it on his bed, then he got a little freaked out by it.

Last night, I put the comforter on his bed, and he did really well. He did say that he was scared at first, but since we've amended our routine now to reading before bedtime, I think he felt comfortable since I was laying there with him. He did cry out at like 1030 last night and jordan went in there, but I'm not sure why he woke up.
February 20th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww, that's too cute! Tyler got Batman sheets from the in-laws for Christmas and I thought he would be scared by the pillow case, it's a huge mean looking batman head but so far he's fine with it. I don't know why they would choose those ones, it's not like he knows who batman is!

February 20th, 2009, 07:32 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
I told Jordan after Caleb had issues, that I was glad we didn't get matching sheets, becuase I think Caleb would have been scarred for life. Thankfully, we just got solid dark blue sheets to match.

I asked Jordan why he screamed out last night, and he wasn't really sure. He said he was laying/sitting up on his stuffed dog, and that was it. After he put him back into bed, and laid with him for a bit, he was fine. He may have had a quick bad dream, or one of his stuffed animals poked him or something. Not sure.
February 23rd, 2009, 01:16 PM
Jami&Marshall's Avatar Jami&Marshall
Send a message via MSN to Jami&Marshall
I am glad things started moving along a little better after the first night. New things are always scary.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search