HI!

Forum: Traditional Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traditional Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Proud Happy Single Mom
Hi! I'm Katie, 21, single mommy to Emily, 4.5 months. I've been a member of JM since I became pregnant in Jan 08 and I'm completely addicted to this site! In the past few weeks I've been trying to become more social so I've joined the Infant, Baby Signing and the Midwest boards. I'm still trying to get use to looking at more than just my PR so I'll make sure to stop by as much as possible.

So pretty much I wanted to join your group here because even though I love my PR for the most part most of the moms in there believe in attachment parenting and although I understand and respect their choice some of them are kinda pushy and it's been really getting to me lately. So that's why I decided to come here and hang out with some moms that don't think I'm awful Not that any of the people in my PR have said that to me I just feel like if I say anything about my parenting style with Emily some comment will be made or a post after mine will be a very strongly opinionated one with lots of "research" stating how certain things are just awful and bad for children. Some things are taking WAY to extreme. KWIM? I've even thought about leaving my PR board but then I get lonely and end up doing back I'm happy to find a board that shares some of my beliefs!

Good grief I didn't mean to turn my intro into a vent, so sorry. I hope none of you think badly of me so quickly! I guess this issue dealing with some of the moms in my PR has been bugging me more than I thought.

Here's some pictures of my Emily!

Eating bananas

Her and her attack dog

Yet another picture of her and her dog (use to be my dog )

Goodness what I'm entrance I'm trying to make for myself, accidentally posted this in the parenting advice forum. Oops
February 20th, 2009, 06:15 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome Katie! We're glad to have you here, and feel free to vent away! Don't worry about anyone thinking badly of you, I think we all read your post nodding our heads, we know exactly how that feels and that's why we have this board!

Emily is gorgeous! What a little cutie pie!

February 23rd, 2009, 01:11 PM
Jami&Marshall's Avatar Jami&Marshall
Send a message via MSN to Jami&Marshall
Welcome, Katie! We're glad that you joined us. You are definitely in good company here. Emily is a darling little gal!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search