Private Room?

Forum: Traditional Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traditional Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2009, 08:32 PM
Proud Happy Single Mom
So has there been any talk in this forum of getting a Private sticky? Clearly from a post made in my PR someone followed the link in my siggy and found my intro post here. Other than that or it's just perfect timing
http://www.justmommies.com/boards/index.ph...owtopic=1482609
GRRRRRR. I however did not mention anyone in my intro here and I wouldn't either because there is not one person there that I don't like, I LOVE my PR but I'm not going to be made the bad guy. I'm going to try really hard not to reply to her post because it's not her, it's not any certain person, it's the AP style and the fact that some of the AP ways are pushed so much. I would say something but I don't know how to word it and by the way others have reacted to her, I think everyone would just be mad a me.

I'm going to take it that other moms here have dealt with this in their PRs also? Just another reason for me to leave I guess. I don't know if her post was in response to my intro or not, I really don't, but I think the timing is way to perfect for it not to be.
February 24th, 2009, 06:11 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
Yes, I've had that conversation in my PR at one time or another. I just came to terms that no one is going to agree with everyone, and I completely respect everyone's parenting style - unless a parent is seriously endangering their child.

I've stopped talking about my parenting choices because of a heated debate about a year ago, where I was told i was a horrible mother because of my choices. Because of that, I no longer talk about or give parenting advice (for the most part) for that reason. I just pick my battles.

Sorry about the post. You're always welcome here.
February 24th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Jami&Marshall's Avatar Jami&Marshall
Send a message via MSN to Jami&Marshall
I am sorry that you are feeling upset about the post. I would probably not say anything in response to her post especially since you do not know if it was directed at your intro here. I think her statements are general and that she is addressing the entire PR to make sure there are no hard feelings for anything she may have said. I wouldn't look at it as anything more than her trying to make it right just in case she offended anybody in the PR, not specifically you.

I personally have not dealt with this in my PR, but I like Kelly also choose my battles and I know some of the mommies in my PR have different views on certain things than I do, so I don't talk about it in a way that would provoke an argument because I don't want to offend anyone or be offended by someone.

As far as a sticky, we have never really talked about it because thus far, we haven't really had the need. We have had a few instances where parents with another view point have come over and said things that are not necessarily appropriate, but we just tend to ignore those posts.

We are glad to have you here and I hope you get past this bump in your PR. HUGS

February 24th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think you should leave your playroom, just steer clear of those topics or ignore the advice you don't agree with.

I don't think we have talked about a private room in here before, it might have been thrown around a bit during the great CIO debate of '08 but I don't remember if there was a reason we didn't do it.

What do you think, anyone else want a private forum of our own?

February 24th, 2009, 08:57 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
I don't think we need one. I'm getting to the point that I don't give a rooty tooty about what other people think about how I parent. My child is cared for, loved, and is happy and healthy. Everyone will get respect from me even if I do disagree.
February 24th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Jami&Marshall's Avatar Jami&Marshall
Send a message via MSN to Jami&Marshall
I agree with Kelly on the private forum.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search