Can I join!! I need help

Forum: Traditional Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traditional Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2009, 08:28 PM
estherm's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi all
My name is Esther and my hubbys name is Ryan, DS one is 23 months, and DS two is 9 weeks.

I need help with DS number one. Hi is an extremely stubborn child, strong willed and very smart. I think he is the way he is sometimes becuase he is too old for his age ( if that makes any sense ) I love him to bits, but I don't know what to do with him??>>>!! I think he has my character, which is quick to anger frustration, and its so hard to stay calm!!

I think the reason I am dealing with this now is ....
1 he is almost 2
2 I was very tired and pregger the last 9 months, and the last two dealing with a newborn and him I have been too lazy to deal with him properly, and lettting him get away with things.

How do I get back on track??

I can't wait to meet you all and get some down to earth advice!!

Thank you Jaidensmum!
June 2nd, 2009, 06:53 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
Hi Esther and welcome.

The first thing I suggest is to just get back into it. It's going to be hard, obviously because you do have a new baby to deal with, but the sooner the better, IMO. No sense in waiting since it's gone on this long.

Try to be as calm as you can. If he has your personality traits, he's going to rebel a little bit, and rightfully so, he's gotten away with a lot the past nine months.

Try not to yell, but a raise in the voice is ok just so he knows that you mean business. You might have to start time-outs as a way to get him back on track (I've started this unfortunatly with Caleb. He's 2.5yo, and he sits down for 2 min).

Some of it is probably due to the terrible twos, so keep that in mind as well. he's going to test you anyway.

GL and Keep us posted on how things are going.
June 2nd, 2009, 08:53 AM
ShelleyH's Avatar Super Mommy
Be consistent in whatever you do.

Alexis is 1.5 years old and we do time outs for inappropriate behavior, biting, hitting, scratching, pinching, not listening when asked to do something (like when she stands on top of her ride on toy), etc. She sits in time out for 1 minute. Each time she stands up and gets out of time out she starts her 1 minute all over again. Then when time out is done I get eye-to-eye level with her and tell her "biting hurts, it's not nice" (or whatever) then give her a hug and let her go play. She completely understands time out and doesn't like being there.
June 3rd, 2009, 07:09 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ditto the other girls. Make sure you are consistent and don't give in!!! It will take some time but be patient.

Welcome to the board, we're glad to have you join us!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search