idea's??

Forum: Traditional Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traditional Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2009, 06:06 PM
estherm's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Since Kayden has woken up from his nap he has been begging to watch Thomas the train. I said not right now, you can after supper. Lets go in the pool. He kept on and kept on in hysterics. Not so much a temper tantrum just soo sad. So he was sitting in front of a dark computer and I sat outside the sliding door with my feet in the pool, trying to entice him without asking him cause he would just say NO. ( he usually loves loves to play outside.) I came puttered around, kept explaining... Finally I said you need to go to your bed, and put him in for a few minutes. (the sobbing and begging continued this whole time.) I came to get him and he was still screaming and whining. Tried talking to him again and again, I just put him in his bed again because I was getting so oo frusterated and I did not want to yell at him or loose my temper
what do I do ??/
Do I give in after I said " after supper"

He is 23 month and very strong willed.

( I hate writing this because it makes him out to be such an awefull kid and he's not and i love him dearly)

Update:
Finally called his Daddy on the phone, and after hearing him for a few minutes he calmed down a bit and now we are almost eating supper.

I'd love some advice though, cause That took almost 2 hours!!
And they really seemed to be no reasoning with him.

Thank you Jaidensmum!
June 5th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww, he doesn't sound awful at all, sounds like a perfectly normal day with a toddler! lol

I guess if it was me, I wouldn't give in if he was having a tantrum...no way. I don't reward bad behavior. But if he was just really disappointed and sad about it, and not really misbehaving then I would probably offer to let him watch it if he earns it by helping you pick up the toys or clean something or whatever little chore you choose. Doesn't have to be much at that age, but at least he won't be learning that whining gets you to change your mind.

June 8th, 2009, 07:30 PM
estherm's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
thats a good idea, Ill try that next time. as i am sure there will be a next time. lol

Thank you Jaidensmum!
June 9th, 2009, 08:04 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
yeah, I agree with Mel. That's what I do now with Caleb. I don't ever say, "wait until after..." because they really don't know the concept of time, kwim? They may think that dinner is soon and when soon comes and goes, they get even more frustrated and upset.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search