Clingy

Forum: Traditional Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traditional Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 14th, 2009, 07:50 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
I have no idea what has gotten into Caleb all of a sudden, but holy cow, he's CLINGY. I'm not sure if he senses zoe's arrival soon, or if it is something else, but I just feel like I'm being smothered!!

He's been so independent up until lately, and I have no idea what to do.

Don't get me wrong, I love the hugs/kisses/snuggles and having him be near me, but sometimes it feel so obsessive.

Is this just a phase for a 2.5yo?
June 15th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's probably just a phase, but I would let him soak up as much attention as you can handle before Zoe arrives. Easier said than done when you are super preggo and hot and uncomfortable all the time, I know!
When it gets to be too much, try and suggest an activity the two of you can do together but also gives you your own space.
Or put him in a bubble bath. lol That's my secret to getting some time to myself, I plop myself down with a bunch of pillows just outside the bathroom door and read a book while he plays. I break out the tub crayons too, he doesn't get to use them very often so they keep him entertained for quite awhile.

June 15th, 2009, 08:14 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
OOO...where do you buy tub crayons?
June 15th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We're going through the same thing with Noah! He was SOOO great about being on his own and playing by himself but in the last few weeks if I'm sitting anywhere he wants to be up in my lap or crawling around on me ... Usually it's fine but here lately I'm way too big for that

I've gotten to where we have "outdoor" time when he gets like that ... We either go outside and play in the pool or we go to the park .. it gives him some time to play and gives me some time to sit without him crawling on me .. We've also tried the bath time too!

Good luck!
June 15th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think I've seen them everywhere, Walmart and TRU should have them for sure.

There's all different kinds, here's a couple links on amazon: Crayola
w/sponge

June 16th, 2009, 06:40 AM
Super Mommy
My near two year old can be very clingy these days. I think it's just age-appropriate behavior, but it does get old after while.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search