family ties...

Forum: Traditional Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traditional Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Who is the family member you're closest with?
Are there any family members you choose to have nothing to do with?

other than my Mum & sister, I'm really close with one of my Aunties, and she is actually coming up tonight, because my cousin had surgery today... and even though he's 20, she wants to be with him lol I think it's cute. I will hopefully spend some time with her tomorrow while the girls are at preschool & daycare!

As for having nothing to do with.... my Dad's 2 sisters - because they treat me like I'm a useless piece of trash because I am a single parent & had kids out of wedlock... one in particular I refuse to have anything to do with, the other isn't SO bad, but i wouldn't choose to go and visit her over say.. going to the dentist. Also on my Mum's side, her youngest sister is married to an abusive, drug addicted jerk off, who has pretty much banned her from having anything to do with us.. so when they're together I have nothing to do with her, when they break up I talk to her.. and then they get back together & it's back to no contact...

May 15th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Lenae's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm close with a lot of my family. My mom and dad, sister and brother in law, and brother and sister in law. As well as both sets of my grandparents. We all lived in the same town before I abandoned them and moved to Alaska. My moms two sisters and their kids are close, and so is my dads brother and

I'm close with a lot of my family. My mom and dad, sister and brother in law, and brother and sister in law. As well as both sets of my grandparents. We all lived in the same town before I abandoned them and moved to Alaska. My moms two sisters and their kids are close, and so is my dads brother and his kids. We are a really tight knit family. Camping trips are a lot of fun in my family, lol.
May 15th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Guess Id say Im closest to my mom.

I dont ignore or not speak to any of my family but Im definately not as close to my dad as I used to be and have never been super close to my younger sis(but we still talk sometimes we just are so opposite its hard to get along too much LOL).

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
May 16th, 2011, 06:12 AM
Rabbit8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm really close to my mom and brothers, I have three brothers. One of my brothers and I text a lot too, and talk on the phone, but the other two I never do that with very often. My dad I'm not so close with, I don't hate him or anything but we're just not that close since I moved away, my parents are divorced btw.

As for extended family, my cousin and I keep in touch on FB, I should see if my other cousins are on there. One cousin I'm not crazy about, she's pretty self centered and showed up late to our grandmother's wake AND funeral!
May 16th, 2011, 07:01 AM
Super Mommy
My paternal grandmother.

No.
May 16th, 2011, 10:03 AM
challowell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am really close to my sisters. There is a ten year san between my older sister and little sister so we are really spaced out but we get along really good.

I have not talked to my brother since the whole FB incident and he refuses to call me back so I guess that he would be the cut off one but I would like to be close to him again.
May 16th, 2011, 12:27 PM
MomofMaddy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MomofMaddy
Probably my mom

Tags
family , gtky , qotd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search