:: * :: Jazzy June Jitterbug Chat :: * ::

Forum: Traditional Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traditional Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2011, 09:48 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
do Jitterbugs actually exist?

WELCOME to June everyone... can you believe the year is as good as half over? time to start thinking about Christmas *ducks while the TP'ers throw stones at her*

anything exciting happening in June for any of you? Like.. oh, I don't know - a baby being born [ASHLEY!]?

..... my baby turns 1 in 15 days, and I don't know whether to be excited or cry! Just today I ordered her 1st b/day out fit - lol she's going to be a cow ballerina (I love cows & cow print), I got her a cow onesie and a black tutu to go over top....

June 1st, 2011, 12:28 AM
Lenae's Avatar Super Mommy
June is not a big month around here. Fathers day will be quietly celebrated, but other than that, nothing going on. This Saturday I'm going repelling for the first time (we got a babysitter, yay!) so that's kind of cool.
June 1st, 2011, 02:09 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Man I hope this baby comes soon, I'm exhausted and the weight gain is starting to bother me lol. Not to mention the back pain and everything else ahh.......

We have an ultrasound tomorrow

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

June 1st, 2011, 09:24 PM
exciting Ashley - I guess baby could arrive any day now I hope he decides to arrive soooooooon... I need a newborn to 'ooooo' and 'ahhhh' over

fathers day isn't until... ummmm september? here - always strikes me as weird that mothers day is universal, but not fathers day...

I am in the process of dying some prefolds right now [diapers].. I can't wait to see how they turn out

June 1st, 2011, 10:55 PM
challowell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm going to be 27. I remember telling my sister that at 27 she looked old. I am now recieving my payback.

Just 8 more days untill we find out when Jamie can go for her eye surgery. I am excited and nervous at the same time.
June 2nd, 2011, 08:03 AM
MomofMaddy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MomofMaddy
I will be 28 this year! I feel the same way!
June 2nd, 2011, 04:43 PM
I will be 28 in September - and yea I am feeling old I remember my MUM being 28, I thought she was ancient

good luck with the yay or nay on the eye surgery Christina... what is wrong with her eyes? I had a lazy eye when I was little and it wasn't *quite* bad enough to require surgery

Mall day for us today - every Friday we go with my Mum & get coffee and something special for lunch... we've done it since Gaby was younger than Emmy! Speaking of malls, 'our' mall is starting to open again at the end of this month I cannot wait.. they're repairing all the earthquake damage and phase one opens on the... 28th? I think. I have missed 'my' mall

June 2nd, 2011, 11:31 PM
I might be a little less present for the next few days ladies. I've got some tough personal business going on right now, so I will probably be around a little less. I will be back though!
June 2nd, 2011, 11:34 PM
i hope everything is okay.... you'll be missed... [god i wish i had a working exclamation mark... '...' seems so un friendly...]

June 3rd, 2011, 06:45 AM
MomofMaddy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MomofMaddy
I hope everything works out OK and you are back quick!
June 3rd, 2011, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaby&Emmy'sMama View Post
I will be 28 in September - and yea I am feeling old I remember my MUM being 28, I thought she was ancient

good luck with the yay or nay on the eye surgery Christina... what is wrong with her eyes? I had a lazy eye when I was little and it wasn't *quite* bad enough to require surgery

Mall day for us today - every Friday we go with my Mum & get coffee and something special for lunch... we've done it since Gaby was younger than Emmy! Speaking of malls, 'our' mall is starting to open again at the end of this month I cannot wait.. they're repairing all the earthquake damage and phase one opens on the... 28th? I think. I have missed 'my' mall
Jamie has a condition in her brain that affects how her eyes work together. How we see the world with our eyes making one picture is not possible with her. She sees double and one eye often drifts and she has no depth preception. If we do nothing she will lose sight in one eye. We go next Friday and and find out when she will be having surgery. I am hoping we can get it done soon. I know we will repeat this surgery several times as she grows and gets older but I am hoping we can save what sight she does have.
June 3rd, 2011, 08:42 PM
I hope you're able to get the surgery soon Christina... How old was she when you guys realised there was something wrong with her vision - or was it something that was picked up in routine tests by your doctor? [I know over here they always seem to be checking the eyes]...

It's a long weekend for us, not that it means anything to me - each day just rolls into the next for me. I've hurt my back and am realising just how heavy my little babe is - whenever I have to lift her up it hurts like a mo-fo, but it's not like I can let Gaby put her in her crib

June 4th, 2011, 12:46 AM
I really started noticing it at 9 months old but our Dr. wanted to wait untill a year old to referr her to a eye doctor. At a year old she was referred to a local eye doctor who saw her at 15 months old and told us she just had a big nose and would grow into it. In February we talked to our pedi again and he referred us to the closest children's hospital in the area which is 2 hours away. When we went there in March he wanted one more eye measurement before surgery. He was ticked she was not sent up there to begin with. I was just glad to not be looked at like I am crazy.
June 4th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by challowell View Post
told us she just had a big nose and would grow into it
what the heck???????? that sounds like a very medical explanation

winter is here it's cold and windy, the sky is grey and it is raining on and off... I love this time of year

what are we all up to today?

June 4th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Getting my spare diaper bag ready for the trip. All I will have to do thursday night is put diapers in there. Now I need to pack Rachel's duffle bag so she will be ready. She is going to spend the day with her grandma ad they are going to the park for a picnic.

Yep that was one professional doctor. He was in the room for less than a minuite. If you do not want to take a kid, don't take the referral.

Last edited by challowell; June 4th, 2011 at 07:05 PM.
June 5th, 2011, 04:50 PM
'professionals' like that REALLY bug me.... aw I am sure Rachel will have a lovely time with her Grandma I know Gaby loves when she's able to have one on one time with my parents...

lol I was in hospital with contractions at about thirty seven weeks with Emersyn, my Mum stayed with me and Dad took Gaby.. well, they came in to check on me midafternoon and Gaby is full of stories about how poppa let her have lollycake for lunch, and lemonade instead of water... no wonder she enjoys time with HIM so much...

we had another big quake this morning, luckily it was fairly deep - had it been shallow like most of ours have been, there would have been a lot of damage I think. My house was swaying for at least a full minute afterwards - it was horrible.. I went out side to check for damage and there is a space between the house and the path at one point - that happened in the Feb quake, but after this morning the gap is a LOT longer, and also the cracks in the exterior walls are wider too...

sooooo ready for these quakes to be over... we've had almost seven thousand quakes since September 4 last year... a hideous amount

June 5th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Wow, that must be really scary for you. I've never been through a quake, so I don't have any idea what it's really like, but I can imagine it must be terrifying.
June 6th, 2011, 08:13 AM
It was a few years ago but there was a 3. something one in my area which if you know Ohio we are not near a Major fault line so it was a big deal for us because we felt the ground move. Nothing was damaged but it was a freaky feeling.

It is 10:13 AM and I am already wanting a nap.
June 6th, 2011, 08:19 PM
i wish i could nap ALL day

yeap the earthquakes are something else.. it's amazing how non chalant we have gotten about them, to the point that whenever there is a quake people try to guess how big it was (lol by now most of us can get them accurate, or closely to it)... My friend was up a few weeks ago and we had a big shake - she dived for the door way and I was just sitting on the couch not even looking up...

there were a couple after the initial september quake, that were situated basically under where I live, and THEY scared the sh*t out of me, to the point that I was hyperventilating.. only other one that had that effect on me was the BIG one in February - I was hyperventilating while driving over to my Mum's work.. I don't even remember getting there.......

I can say there are a LOT of very frayed nerves here though... it's been 9 months now since our first big quake, and it's all starting to really take its toll. there has been a 33% increase in people seeking help for mental health issues... thousands of people have moved away from the city.... You'd think we'd start feeling a bit more relaxed after we haven't had a 'decent' aftershock for a few weeks, but it has the opposite effect, because you KNOW one is on the way, so you're kind of just waiting for it to come. I told Mum last week there'd be a big quake in the next week, and I was right...

okay now i'll stop my rambling

June 6th, 2011, 11:36 PM
I am so tired I fell asleep with the laptop on me. I woke up to the sound of it hitting the floor. Good news is it still works.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search