August Chitter Chatter - come one, come all

Forum: Traditional Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traditional Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2011, 04:49 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
can you believe it's August already??? well for most of you it's still July, but it's August for me

anyone have any exciting dates in August?? any birthdays or anniversaries? family trips? family occasions? anyone have anything in August that they're DREADING????

July 31st, 2011, 07:41 PM
Super Mommy
Meghan's 4th birthday is on the 7th. Her party will be sometime later in the month, her cousin's party is coming up, too.
August 1st, 2011, 06:42 PM
challowell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My Dad and brother have a birthday on the 15. Other than that we have nothing planned.
August 1st, 2011, 07:07 PM
hello gorgeous ladies!!!! A few birthdays around the place it seems, my sister is on the 16th... i guess I should think of a present for her LOL...

I tell you, I almost lost it with Gaby today... I don't know how the hell I'm going to cope with a teenager

August 1st, 2011, 09:26 PM
Lenae's Avatar Super Mommy
Colton starts school August 25th. I'm sort of dreading it, and looking forward to it at the same time. I found a screaming deal on the boots he needs for school today. Normally $66, I got them for $36.30! I also found some tennis shoes that I think Colton won't have too hard a time putting on himself, which is apparently a requirement for preschool here.
August 1st, 2011, 11:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This month is my birthday (August 21st). DH will be out of town for about half of the month, so I don't think it's going to be much of an event this year. My parents are in town for tomorrow and Wednesday, which should be fun... oh, and I'm missing the first day of school for the first time since 1989 (1986 if you count preschool).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaby&Emmy'sMama View Post
I tell you, I almost lost it with Gaby today... I don't know how the hell I'm going to cope with a teenager
Maybe she will get it all out of her system now...??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenae View Post
Colton starts school August 25th. I'm sort of dreading it, and looking forward to it at the same time. I found a screaming deal on the boots he needs for school today. Normally $66, I got them for $36.30! I also found some tennis shoes that I think Colton won't have too hard a time putting on himself, which is apparently a requirement for preschool here.
Yay!!
August 2nd, 2011, 04:20 PM
Anne, birthdays seem to become less and less of an event the older you get (yay I remembered your name! lol)

Lenae - what a deal on the boots! that's awesome - nothing nicer than saving a dollar or two (or thirty!)

Just found out today my sissy is coming up with the niecey on Saturday! Her and her DF have a couple of international students staying with them and they're driving my sister nuts - really messy, they've used all their broadband allowance for the month, they almost blew up the microwave - and the house at the same time, they've ruined three of her pots burning RICE, then this morning she got up at 5.30am to find someone had spilt curry on the carpet - TWICE, and not cleaned it up.... she's way over it all and her DF is all "you're being over sensitive". BAD thing to say to my sis So he's in the dog box - but the up side is that WE get to have her and Bronny for the weekend!

August 2nd, 2011, 10:19 PM
What does DF mean? I sort of gathered that it meant boyfriend... but what does it stand for?
August 3rd, 2011, 03:16 PM
oh haha, 'dear/darling fiance'...

grocery day for us - i love money arriving in my bank account, but hate how quickly it's gone, only a matter of hours later....

August 8th, 2011, 02:54 PM
what is on the agenda for this week for you all????

August 8th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Babysitting. That's just about it.
August 9th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Gaby has a birthday party on Saturday, I really need to remember to buy a present

August 9th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Colton and babysitting boy Iver (Colton's best bud) keep jumping on my recliners. I'm about to go bat **** crazy on them. Time outs are headed their way.
August 9th, 2011, 06:36 PM
don't you LOVE when they do that??????... Gaby is bad enough, let alone having two of them at it. Have a feeling my two girls will get in a lot of trouble together

my sister and I have had 3 yeses from the diaper companies we've contacted regarding selling their products!!! we're so excited... Ecobubs (not in the States yet, but they are a premium range over here, they have woolen pockets), Itti Bitti & Real Nappies (they do prefolds and covers).. I think we've come up with a name for our business tooo-ooo

August 9th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Awesome! Congratulations! Is starting up a business difficult in NZ?
August 10th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Hmmm doesn't seem to be too difficult, though it's not like our business is huge and complex... we've had another supplier give us a yes today, so now have 4 brands behind us - Bummis is the latest.. I LOVE their covers and prefolds so am really excited

August 10th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Awesome!

We had a 70 degree day today! The kids and I spent all day outside, except eating breakfast and dinner, and naps. We even had a picnic lunch outside. It was phenomenal.
August 10th, 2011, 09:48 PM
that seems like it's a pretty nice summer temp - not too hot and not too cold???? I am not a fan of summer, I hate HOT temperatures, but nice warm days - when you don't feel the need to escape the heat, but can walk around outside in summery clothes.. that's good...

i can't wait for summer here - only because i miss wearing my flip flops... lol

August 11th, 2011, 04:44 PM
70 degrees is a nice summer temp, the thing is, we rarely get temperatures in the 60's here, much less the 70's. It was just insane how hot it was here. I don't like to be hot either, but this island actually had a summer, that'd be nice.
August 11th, 2011, 09:48 PM
lol i think i'd like your summers then.... but not so much the winters

speaking of winter, we're forecast snow AGAIN this weekend.. this time i'm crossing my fingers it WON'T arrive

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search