Speedy September Chitter Chatter ~ come on in y'all

Forum: Traditional Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traditional Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 3rd, 2011, 02:29 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
lets try to beat last months chat thread length [33 posts]

September already??? HOW.. it's going to be Christmas soon - does anyone have their gifts for their kids planned?
Does anyone have any exciting plans for September??
How is your family this weekend?

I think Gaby will be getting a new bike - mainly because she LOVES her bike, but it is far too small for her. Had I known she'd take after her father in height [he's 6'0, I'm 5'0] I may have been more prepared and gotten her one for last Christmas... Emersyn I really don't know - she needs lots of clothes, so she may just get clothes.....

My b/day is the 22nd and next weekend my sister and niece are coming up for my b/day party [lol an adult toy party, thrown by my sister], so it's actually going to be a pretty cool month for once.

Me and Gab are both well, but poor Em has horrible horrible diaper rash, for the second time in a couple of weeks... she's pretty miserable

BUT she did take her first step y/day

September 3rd, 2011, 10:10 PM
Lenae's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm still mulling around a couple of ideas for the kids. My kid's birthdays are right around Christmas, so we actually have to double up the presents. So far on the list for Colton is a bike, a MobiGo (a handheld videogame system for kids), a TV for his bedroom, and a train table. He won't necessarily get all those things, although it's not totally out of the realm of possibilites, because I can buy one or two things at a time from here till Christmas and spread out the spending. On the list for Chy so far is a play kitchen, doll furniture and clothes for her Bitty Baby, some more books and movies, dress up clothes, and a princess bed. Again, she may or may not get all these things, it depends on the kinds of deals I can find between now and Christmas.

For September, no excitement here, lol.
September 4th, 2011, 09:37 AM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ugh I dont even want to THINK about Christmas yet.. but I know very soon the stores will be overloaded with Christmas stuff. It really ruins it for me... having everything out so early. I love the feeling of Christmas, but not in October.

Not much going on this month except trying to figure out how to pay all the bills that manage to be due at the same time.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

September 4th, 2011, 02:06 PM
isn't it ALWAYS the way - bills being due at the same time.. I usually have one week when there are no bills due, but there always manages to be something expensive that I need to buy in that week

I also don't like the christmas stuff being out early... I think mid november is more than soon enough for stores to start going Christmas crazy. I feel stressed out as soon as I see Christmas stuff out.

I have two sick girls today - joy... Gaby has a temp and sore throat.. Emersyn appears to have hand, foot and mouth disease... managed to get them into the doctor this morning though

September 4th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Poor girls. I hope they feel better soon.

I don't really mind stuff being out early. I just feel like it gives me more time to get ready, lol.
September 4th, 2011, 08:38 PM
mmm that's a point Lenae. I always MEAN to get sorted early, but never do

both girls have been to the doctor and we have one diagnosis of tonsilitis, and one diagnosis of hand, foot and mouth disease.. LOL left the chemist with numerous lotions, potions and liquids... thank god prescriptions for under 5's are free.. and doctors visits

September 4th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Is a chemist like a pharmacist?

I'm actually really bummed about missing out on all the holiday shopping this year. We don't have any stores on the island expect for a grocery store and Alaska Ship Supply, which is a bulk grocery/fisherman apparel store. So not a lot of opportunity for real shopping. Everything will be online this year. I LOVE going to the mall at Christmas time and all the great Black Friday deals.

Lol, actually, last year DH and I camped out in our Jeep in a Wal-Mart parking lot for Black Friday shopping so we could get good deals. What makes it the most funny is that is was like -10 degrees while we were sleeping in the back of our jeep. It was SOOOO cold, but oh my goodness so much fun.
September 4th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Jenny is getting over roseola... aka "sixth disease". That was definitely an un-fun virus. I'm hoping she'll be back on her normal schedule tomorrow now that she's mostly recovered!

We're planning to go on vacation Tuesday-Friday this week.

I'm not thinking about Christmas yet, but I am getting psyched for Halloween and Jenny's first birthday. I have NO idea what I'm going to do for her birthday, but I'm working on making her a Very Hungry Caterpillar costume for Halloween .
September 5th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Chy is going to be a fairy, and Colton will be Fireman Sam (really just a fire fighter, but you can't tell him that).

Anyone else figuring out costumes?
September 5th, 2011, 02:36 PM
aw I wish we did Halloween over here, it'd be so fun to dress the girls up. Gaby would want to be a princess, and Emersyn would be... I'm not sure, I love cows, so maybe a cow

I hope Jenny is back to normal soon - virus' are HORRIBLE... Emersyn is so grizzly and not herself, it's quite upsetting - and frustrating. I hope she sleeps a lot today

LOL Lenae, 'chemist' is just our word for pharmacy.. funny the different words that are used between here and there. I think Black Friday sales sound FUN, we don't really have anything like that over here... we have Boxing Day sales, but they're nothing spectacular really

September 5th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Jenny was all better today, finally! It only took 8 days, lol! I took her to a consignment sale in the morning, where I got some SCREAMIN' deals. It was a huge event, and today was "50% off day", so for $25 I got 15 different items, including a winter coat and snowsuit. Crazy! Then we went out to lunch with DH, and Jenny was good as gold! She sat in her high chair and ate a reasonably sized lunch without making a peep! Amazing!

Hopefully Emersyn will be on the mend here soon, too!

We actually have Boxing Day sales, too, but we don't call them that . It's just the beginning of the after-Christmas sale week that runs from Boxing Day through New Years (um... I hope I have my holidays right... Boxing Day is Dec. 26, right?).
September 5th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Super Mommy
I work retail. Trust me, we don't like having to put the stuff out early, but you gotta do what you're told.

I have no idea about gifts for Christmas.
September 7th, 2011, 03:41 PM
So, I was thinking I'd get a great start on Christmas and birthday shopping and start now. Right? Nope. I'm apparently right on track, or even a little behind. My best friend here told me to try and have everything HERE, on island, by November 1st, because UPS and USPS start getting bogged down and backed up around then, and you won't see shipments until FEBUARY! I guess I'd better hurry and start shopping.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search