Car seats?

Forum: Traditional Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traditional Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2011, 08:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I finally bought Jenny's convertible car seat... then DH and I had an argument about it!!!!!!! Ugh. It's all better now, but I felt bad for awhile .

I know we touched on this briefly in a previous post, but what kinds of car seats do you guys have, and what do you like/dislike about them?
September 23rd, 2011, 08:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have a Graco My Ride 65 in my car and for DH's and my mom's car we are still using the Graco Safe Seat 1(infant carrier type). I love both seats. The harness adjust is easy on both. Both are extremely easy to install. I don't know of anything I dislike about the My Ride yet as we have only been using the seat for a week. But I dislike that the Safe Seat 1 is so stinking heavy to carry around. We also have a Graco Snugride 22. I'm not as fond of the harness adjustment on it. But I did like tha it was so much lighter than our other infant car seat.

September 24th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy

Here's a picture of Jenny checking out her new car seat. She's holding the collapsible cup holder, which is pretty much a joke (no child's cup is going to fit in that thing!)
Laurel Johnston's Photos | Facebook
September 24th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
We have 5 point harness styles we got from WM. I think Cosco made them...I forget LOL.

I hate the 5 pt harness...always twisting up, makes it a big pain in the booty to correct when you are trying to get kids in the car to get someplace.

They look similar to this, I have one in dark blue and the other is a tan color:
http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/88...52_500X500.jpg

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
September 24th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
mine is a local brand, so I won't bother going into specifics. What I don't like is that it's not able to be used for extended rear facing - barely any are over here, they're only JUST starting to come in now...

September 24th, 2011, 05:34 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Graco myride 65. I love it except for the fact it is freaking HUGE lol

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

September 24th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Jenna's Avatar AWESOME!!!
Graco Nautilus. Cait rearfaced until she was 2 in an Evenflo Triumph Advance LX. I highly recommend the newer Triumph 65 - it rearfaces to 40 pounds and FF's to 65, just like the MyRide - and the Infinite Slide harness adjuster is faaaabulous. No rethreading when kiddo grows!
We moved her into the Nautilus this past spring. We (when I say 'we', I really mean 'I' - Will just goes along with whatever I say. Makes things easier ) chose the Nautilus because it harnesses to 65 pounds, and then becomes a belt-positioning booster to 100 pounds. Cait will stay harnessed until she outgrows the 5-point system.
September 24th, 2011, 09:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna. View Post
I highly recommend the newer Triumph 65 - it rearfaces to 40 pounds and FF's to 65, just like the MyRide - and the Infinite Slide harness adjuster is faaaabulous. No rethreading when kiddo grows!
Hee hee, that's what we got. The thing that sold me was the slide adjuster!!! Also, I liked that it has little green circles on it, and our infant seat has yellow circles, so they *kind of* match.

I like the new seat SO much, and when I tried it out, Jenny was sitting up so much higher and could see so much better. I'm planning to wait until after a trip we're taking in October to switch her to the new seat, since we're going to do the travel system thing in the airport, but part of me just wants to switch them NOW. I'm so not patient .
September 24th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Lenae's Avatar Super Mommy
Currently my kiddies are riding in a Nautilus (harnessed) and a RF Britax Marathon. I love how versatile and easy to use the Nautilus is. Colton thinks it looks like a big boy seat, so that's cool. Colton rearfaced until we moved here in March, so at 3 years and 3 months old I turned him. When we go back to Oregon on vacation in December he'll be RF again. He's forward here because I felt our risk was significantly lower on the island. (Only 8 miles of paved road here.) Cheyenne is obviously still rearfacing in the Marathon. I LOVE installations with the Marathon. Super easy, super fast, RF tether capability, love the cute covers we have for it.

I also have two The First Years True Fits, and a Combi Coccoro. The kids rode in a Graco SafeSeat 1 until about a year old when I got them their convertibles. I love the TrueFits because they are super comfy and though they only rearface to 35 lbs, for tall skinny kids like mine, they last forever rearfacing. I adore the Coccoro for it's European belt routing and cute covers, Cheyenne has the pink Strawberry Shake one. The Coccoro definitely isn't for everyone though. It's really small and a niche seat for sure.

And speaking of the giantness of a MyRide, have you ever seen a TrueFit? The things are MASSIVE. In my Jeep, both are installed outboard and there is only a few inches between the seats, like where the middle seat is supposed to be, but is totally covered with carseats from the sides, lol. And I put the cupholders toward the center because otherwise the door hits them.
September 25th, 2011, 07:12 AM
Jenna's Avatar AWESOME!!!
Haha! The EFTA was like that, too! We called it "Caitie's baby Barcalounger"!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search