October pumpkin Patch

Forum: Traditional Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traditional Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2011, 08:53 PM
challowell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What do you want to talk about this month?
October 1st, 2011, 09:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Haha, I was excited to talk about pumpkin patches when I read the title on this post! What are your pumpkin plans, everyone?

I bought two little pumpkins at Wal-Mart on Friday. One of my friends is a private photographer, and she's going to do a photo shoot with Jenny for her ads (which means FREE for me!!). So, I went out and bought some pumpkins and a pumpkin shirt for Jenny to wear .

We are planning to go to the pumpkin patch with some friends in the middle of the month... and I'm hoping to go to one on the east coast when we're back there visiting in a few weeks .

Yay for October!
October 1st, 2011, 10:57 PM
challowell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We plan on making Jack-o-lanterns and making pumpkin. Nothing tastes better than a pumpkin pie made with fresh pumpkin.
October 2nd, 2011, 06:27 AM
Super Mommy
Jack O'Lantern and pie. Maybe pumpkin bread.
October 2nd, 2011, 08:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Very excited about jack o'lanterns... although I will have to watch Jenny with the seeds! I'm planning to let her squish around with the pumpkin guts .
October 2nd, 2011, 05:33 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I wish we had pumpkin patches & celebrated Halloween!! I just have to live vocariously through all of you!!!!

October 2nd, 2011, 06:32 PM
Super Mommy
Oh! I'm gonna roast the pumpkin seeds!
October 4th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Lenae's Avatar Super Mommy
We're totally missing out on the pumpkin patch this year. Nothing even close on the island. We are going to carve pumpkins though, with pumpkins purchased from Safeway, which is nearly as fun as picking yourself, but what can you do right?

I would like to vent here for a minute though.

I babysit two kids, my son's best friend Iver and his little sister Aislyn. Originally, agreed to babysit 4 hours on Saturday and Sunday for two weeks a month. I currently babysit for 8+ hours a day, five days a week. I am TIRED of it. It's not that I don't love the kids, I do. They are good kids. And it's not that I don't love their parents, I do. They are our best friends here. But if I wanted four kids, all day everyday, I would have had two more children of my own. It's complicated and stressful, and I'm just sick of it. DH and I aren't struggling for money, I basically agreed to it in the first place to help my friend out, when she decided to take a second job. But she quit that second job and instead just took on more hours at her current job.

Okay, done. Thanks for reading.
October 4th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Oh dear Lenae.. that doesn't sound like a fun - OR easy situation to be in... but you DID only agree to the 8 hours a week - and you're doing 40 now? that's not really fair on you, especially if it is starting to feel more like a chore, than something you're doing to help out your friend. I don't know what I'd do in that situation - I HATE upsetting people, but perhaps you need to talk to your friend & explain that it's getting a bit much now.... tell her you're happy with the 8 hours a week (if you are), but that you'd prefer her to find someone else for the rest of the hours...

it's so tough when a friend is involved!!!!!

Gaby stayed at her school visit by herself y/day - was weird being free to go out and do what I wanted

October 4th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh! And I thought I was frustrated because I have a friend who's always asking me to babysit her kids, but she won't ever watch my kiddo!
October 6th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Yeah, it's weird when Colton is in school, too. But he only goes 2 1/2 hours twice a week, so I actually am not without him much. And it's sort of good for me, because I don't know if I'm ready to have him gone more than that, lol.
October 7th, 2011, 05:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We are going to a pioneer homestead close to the house this weekend and then probably next weekend to a pumpkin patch. We are planning to spend Halloween with some friends who have a daughter who is about 6 months older than MB. The girls are both going to be dressed up in tutu's!

October 8th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Chy has a tutu for Halloween too! She's going to be a fairy ballerina. She is in a stage right now where she loves ballerinas. It's funny because calls them 'reeene' like the end of balle'rina'. Our best friends here on the island don't celebrate Halloween for religious reasons, so we don't have any friends to pair up with, but oh well. We'll still try to make it fun.
October 9th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Aw, that sounds super-cute! We are visiting family in Virginia now, and we went to a pumpkin patch on Saturday and a craft fair today. Tomorrow I think we're planning to carve our pumpkin .

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search