Sunscreen

Forum: Traditional Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traditional Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2007, 06:30 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How often do you use it on your kids and what SPF do you use? What age do you think is too young for a baby?

I use SPF 45 on both of them, that was the highest I found last summer although I think there might even be higher ones now. We really only get a couple months where the sun is really hot here so we're all pretty fair skinned and burn easily so I use sunscreen A LOT!

May 8th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Kath113's Avatar Pogo Addict
I just bought Coppertone Water Babies SPF 50 for Cameron. We haven't needed it yet, but will soon!
May 9th, 2007, 08:28 AM
PrincessPrunella's Avatar Veteran
We started using it at 6months, I was told not to use it until then.

We use Haiwian Tropics baby with 50 spf.

Sadly I forget to put it one a lot . I honestly just forget but now that is is warmer i am try veyr hard not to.
May 13th, 2007, 01:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I use Bull Frog spray as it lasts up to 12 hours and it is SPF 45. My son is a toe head and VERY white (my husband is a red head and I am blonde and white), so during the summer I usually apply it to Brandon in the morning before I go to work and then I don't have to worry about if he goes to the park or outside while at daycare in the afternoon or if he's home with daddy and he's protected all day. I usually start this around the beginning to middle of May and keep it up until the end of September (I live in Arizona).
May 13th, 2007, 06:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well my kids spend a lot of time outside in the summer, both at home and at daycare. On weekdays I put it on them before they leave the house, and then the daycare reapplies after lunch. I also try to put hats on them, although they throw them off ALL the time. My one year old has red hair and is very fair, so I am especially worried about him. He has already gotten red onetime from just being out unprotected for like 20 or 30 minutes. We use spf 45. I think I started around 7 or 8 month. Basically whenever they got mobile and wouldn't jusdt lay under a sun umbrella anymore.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search