Who babysits for you?

Forum: Traditional Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traditional Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2007, 07:56 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Usually my mom or MIL are the only ones who babysit my kids. And my mom is the only one who watches them overnight. Occasionally one of my SIL's watch them too.

Who do you have to babysit your kids? Have you ever hired a teen to babysit? Or do you just stick to family members?

May 24th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My mom and mother in law babysit, and for years my sister was my babysitter, and she was really really good with all of them, since she just kinda grew into it, and she started babysitting when she was 13.
There's a few girls from our church that I will have babysit, they are all 16, I won't have anyone any younger.
May 24th, 2007, 02:14 PM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mainly family--mom or my sis or DH's SIL when she's in town. If needed we have another family that will do it

May 24th, 2007, 07:18 PM
~Casey~'s Avatar GraceNorraJennaMomma
Send a message via MSN to ~Casey~
Pretty much just family here too. My MIL watched them on weds and fri while I work and my parents wathc them if we go out at night or something, but we rarely do that.

May 27th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Days my husband works (3 days during the week), my son goes to a woman who watches him in her home in our subdivision for the 2 1/2 hours between my husband starting work and me getting home (she also has a 6 month old son). If we go out on a Friday night or something, we have a teenager who lives down the street from us who comes over and watches him.
May 27th, 2007, 06:19 PM
illinoismommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
both sets of grandparents will watch the kids and its wonderful.... we don't leave them overnight though
Baby expected January 2nd, 2010!

"In the first place, whether you choose or no to take any trouble about the formation of his habits, it is habit, all the same, which will govern ninety-nine one-hundredths of the child's life. We are all mere creatures of habit. We think our accustomed thoughts, make our usual small talk, go through the trivial round, the common task, without any self-determining effort of will at all." -Charlotte Mason
May 30th, 2007, 03:41 AM
jekr43's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Us or a good friend.

May 30th, 2007, 04:09 AM
bexmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bexmommy Send a message via MSN to bexmommy Send a message via Skype™ to bexmommy
My sister babysits mine, she 17 but very good with all 3. I only let her babysit when all 3 kids are in bed sleeping
May 30th, 2007, 08:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Our closest family is more than an hour away, so it's not feasible when we just want a night out. I have no problem hiring a teenager, provided he or she is someone we know well and can trust. I babysat from the time I was about 12 or 13 years old and loved it.

So we have a few different sitters we use. One sitter is 21 - we've known her and her family since she was 10 years old and has just finished her junior year in college. Another girl we just started hiring is 15. She and her family live around the corner from us, and her older sister used to sit for the kids until she got too busy with school, extracurricular activities, etc. And there are a few of the young women working at my DD's daycare who have babysat for us as well. Our kids (ages 7 and 3) love all of them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search