When did you/will you potty train?

Forum: Traditional Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traditional Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2007, 08:17 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I potty-trained Haley at 2 and a half, and I haven't even thought about it with Tyler yet. I'll start talking to him about the potty after he turns two, start showing the couple videos I have and reading books about the potty at that time but I haven't decided when I will actually try to get him to use it. I am really in no hurry at all.

EC is definitely not for me. I am not against it because I don't think it harms the child in any way, but I really don't understand any parent's desire to do it!

May 24th, 2007, 02:19 PM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay--remind me what EC is? I am drawing a total blank!

I plan on working with Troy after 2. He just doesn't have an interest now so I am hoping to be done by 3 so he can go to preschool

May 24th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Oops, sorry! I think it's called Elimination Communication, it's toilet training right from birth. I'm sure I'll be horrible at explaining this and get flamed by a lurker so I'll be back with a link...

ETA: Here's Wikipedia's definition.

May 24th, 2007, 07:14 PM
~Casey~'s Avatar GraceNorraJennaMomma
Send a message via MSN to ~Casey~
Well, we occasionally put Grace on the potty now when she asks for it. But I have never seen her do anything other than read a book on the potty. My MIL claims that when she watches her she wil peepee. Who knows. It's possible since kids are often different with people other than their parents. I'm not gonna push it because she is so interested in the potty I figure she'll kinda do it when she's ready.

I perspnally wouldn't waste my time with EC. I'd rather spend my time enjoying life istead of timing bathroom trips.

May 27th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Brandon was 3 years 3 months when he was pee trained, and 3 years 7 months when he was poop trained. He still wears a pull up at night though (he's 5 1/2) as he just sleeps SO soundly.

On reading about the EC thing, no I don't think I would ever use it.
May 27th, 2007, 06:18 PM
illinoismommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We don't EC because I don't feel like I have the time and its not important to me, but I have a good friend who does it and it doesn't seem to be a big deal for them. She keeps him in diapers and then after the playdate she sets him on the little potty in the van (she took out the 4th seat) and gives her older boy a snack. They sit there about 15 minutes unless he goes right away doing all that before going on to the next thing. You could say that he responds to sitting on the potty, much like any other habit (like a bottle fed baby smacking his mouth when he sees a bottle because he knows food is coming)
Baby expected January 2nd, 2010!

"In the first place, whether you choose or no to take any trouble about the formation of his habits, it is habit, all the same, which will govern ninety-nine one-hundredths of the child's life. We are all mere creatures of habit. We think our accustomed thoughts, make our usual small talk, go through the trivial round, the common task, without any self-determining effort of will at all." -Charlotte Mason
May 28th, 2007, 01:39 PM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
zach started showing an interest at about 1 1/2. and would use it if he was getting ready to take a bath. but we didn't start seriously potty training till he turned two. he'll be three in a few weeks and he's just now fully pee trained and is just now starting to get the hang of pooping.

i don't know much about ec, but it doesn't sound right for us.
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
May 28th, 2007, 01:45 PM
m.and.a
I don't visit this forum often, but saw this thread. My 12 month old has horrible constipation. I bought a potty seat and sit her on the potty so that she doesn't have to strain so much. She'll only "poo" when in a seated position. She has pooped in the toilet several times. She's also going to sleep and waking up dry for naps, so I'll probably start potty training in another 6 months or so. Hopefully, we'll be potty trained by 2. I was potty trained at 2, but I want to go by Ada's cues and not have it be too stressful.
May 28th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Twinladybugs, sounds like a good plan. Good luck! And feel free to stop by here more often!

My deepest sympathies for your beautiful little angel.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search