Child Safety Harnesses

Forum: Traditional Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traditional Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2007, 06:05 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This has been debated a few times on the debate board so I was wondering what your opinions were. Do you agree with them, or do you see it as a "leash" and it treats your child like an animal?

I think they are great. Especially for crowded spots like amusement parks, airports, etc. I don't see it any differently than having an extra hand to keep the child safe. At least they are getting some exercise rather than being strapped in a stroller.

June 6th, 2007, 08:05 AM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For some reason they bother me. I don't care if people use them bc they do work well, but for me, I just won't ever use them. I really can't say why it bothers me???? I don't look at it as treating them like an animal, I just don't know????

June 6th, 2007, 12:15 PM
PeanutandPiglet'sMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to PeanutandPiglet'sMom Send a message via Yahoo to PeanutandPiglet'sMom
It really used to annoy me when I'd see people using one. I'd think..."Can't they just teach their child how to stay put/hold their hand/etc.?" My oldest dd was an angel - I could take her anywhere and never have a problem.

But then....I had my second child!!! OMG is she a handful! All she does is run and if I try to carry her or hold her hand 9 out of 10 times she screams like I'm killing her! I did buy one the harnesses that looks like a backpac for a recent vacation but luckily didn't need to use it. We were in Disney and somehow, luck was on my side and for that week, she loved being in her stroller.

So yes...for parent's who have an active child like mine...I see no problem with them at all. Funny how your thoughts on things can change.

June 6th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Philip the hyper hypo

June 7th, 2007, 06:53 AM
~Casey~'s Avatar GraceNorraJennaMomma
Send a message via MSN to ~Casey~
Quote:
This has been debated a few times on the debate board so I was wondering what your opinions were. Do you agree with them, or do you see it as a "leash" and it treats your child like an animal?

I think they are great. Especially for crowded spots like amusement parks, airports, etc. I don't see it any differently than having an extra hand to keep the child safe. At least they are getting some exercise rather than being strapped in a stroller.[/b]
DITTO! I can't wait to pick one up, and SOON! Grace is becoming increasingly difficult to take out!

June 11th, 2007, 07:21 AM
Casey, they have animal ones at Walmart that are pretty cheap and really cute. The animal is also a backpack. Tyler has the monkey one and loves it, he wants to wear it around the house all the time (I unclip the leash part)

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing

June 20th, 2007, 06:52 AM
mommas2favs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mommas2favs
We use one. Absolutely, for them. And if others feel they won't that's cool too. But we have a VERY good reason. You could call us a little paranoid.

We were at the mall a few months ago. Belle was getting fussy sitting in her stroller so we let her get out and walk around. We could see her, followed her, and she usually would just hold my hand. But this day she didn't want to. So that wasn't a big deal, we just followed after her, and pulled her away from the store entrances.

Belle was no more than 5 feet in front of me when this woman PICKED HER UP! And asked us: "Is this your kid?"

I ran up to the woman grabbed Belle from her arms, and I asked her kindly if she always goes around picking up children when their parents are right there. She looked at me startled and said she wasn't sure if Belle was mine because we "weren't very close" to her. I looked at her and asked her if the vacant stroller hadn't given her a clue.

So we immediately went out and bought a Safety 1st harness. It's bright blue, nothing fancy.

We figured that if that woman was so willing to pick up our daughter when we are standing right there, what's so say someone with less than good intentions isn't afraid to do the same.

~~my awesome siggies are made by *Kiliki~~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search