Sleeping like a baby!

Forum: Traditional Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traditional Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2007, 06:11 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What sleep training methods have you tried (if any)? Share your methods and what worked for you.

June 7th, 2007, 06:55 AM
~Casey~'s Avatar GraceNorraJennaMomma
Send a message via MSN to ~Casey~
When we were ready to be done co-sleeping w/ Grace we used CIO and it took about two nights. It sucked at the time, but we have all been happier for it! Norra is still co-sleeping since I am still nursing through the night, and they will be sharing a room. Pretty much I've benn too chicken to attempt puting them both in the room together yet.

June 7th, 2007, 07:29 AM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I never co slept, but I did do CIO after 6 months and that worked well--it was very hard for me, but it was the only thing that got him to sleep on his own. I turned on soft classical music, went through our bedtime routine, said I Love You and walked out.

June 7th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I luckily didn't have to do too much training. There wasn't one point in time where we decided to try CIO because we were having a problem getting them to sleep. It was just random nights here and there when they didn't want to go to sleep, and on those nights I did CIO.

I would go back in if they got TOO upset and lay them down, give them thier paci again, play the music again, say I love you and leave the room again. Sometimes (in the very begginning) I would stay in the room in the rocking chair and hum a song until they settled down, but I never picked them back up once they were in thier bed, and I think that was the key to our success.

Overall they've both been excellent sleepers, I don't have any complaints in that department.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search