What do you do when you're frustrated?

Forum: Traditional Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traditional Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 26th, 2007, 07:46 AM
crystalclear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to crystalclear
Madeleine is starting to get to the age where she's constantly testing boundaries. And there are times when it can really be frustrating. What do you do to cool off when your temper starts to rise?

June 26th, 2007, 09:41 AM
mommas2favs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mommas2favs
If Joe isn't home and I'm getting frustrated I usually find something that always catches Belle's attention like her Baby Einstein videos or I'll sit her in her highchair to color with paper and crayons. That way I can sit down take a breather and try to calm my nerves, all the while still being able to keep an eye on Belle. I've even just put her in her crib with a bunch of toys and closed the door to her room, to give me a few minutes of peace.

If Joe is home. I usually ask if he can take her out of my hair. He's gotten pretty good at telling when I've become frustrated with her and am in need of a break.

I think the two most important things I've done for myself is, one, designated her naptime as my quiet time. I try not to do any housework while she naps because then I can spend time relaxing and doing things I'd like to do. The second found a playgroup or circle of friends that is really great at making me feel welcome and not alone with my worries, feelings or problems that I face while raising a little girl. It's a great feeling to know that I'm not the only one experiencing difficulties.

~~my awesome siggies are made by *Kiliki~~
June 27th, 2007, 04:39 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If the weather is nice I will take them for a walk. The change of scenery always distracts him if nothing else and he likes both the stroller or safety harness. So it's a good way to clear my head and it usually puts him in a better mood.
If we are stuck inside then I will try to find something for him to do, or put a movie on if he is just having a whiny, fussy day. If he is really testing me and I'm starting to lose it, I'll put him in his crib while I have a breather. Or if SO is home, I'll ask him to help out.

June 29th, 2007, 12:07 AM
AnnieP1970's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to AnnieP1970 Send a message via MSN to AnnieP1970 Send a message via Yahoo to AnnieP1970
I try to walk away and take a few minutes to myself to try to relax and calm down.
June 29th, 2007, 06:02 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just realized I only answered the question about getting frustrated with Tyler! Crystal is in my playroom so I think I just assumed I was there when I saw her siggy, lol!

Haley can frustrate me worse than anyone else in the world!!! She is exactly like me, so we tend to butt heads a lot. And we are both very stubborn so that doesn't help, lol. The thing about her that frustrates me the most is when trying to teach her something or getting her to try new things, it is always a HUGE struggle if it's me but she is so much more patient and willing with her dad. That is a little hard for me to accept, and to be honest I don't know how to deal with it sometimes. When I am trying to teach her something and she just shuts down and doesn't want to try at all, it's very hard for me to stop when I know she can do it and she's just being stubborn. So I tend to push her more than I should and I'm working on that.

She's a great kid though, the things that frustrate me are not her misbehaving so I can't complain about that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search