Do you allow your child to stay up late on weekends?

Forum: Traditional Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traditional Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 26th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Jami&Marshall's Avatar Jami&Marshall
Send a message via MSN to Jami&Marshall
Does your child go to bed at the same time every night or is bedtime open for discussion on weekends? If it is the same all week, what would warrant a later bedtime?

June 26th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
No, he goes to bed at the same time always as he does better with structure. VERY rarely does he stay up past 7:30, only if we had something going on and were out of the house and it was unavoidable. He just NEEDS his 12-13 hours of sleep or he's a bear.
June 27th, 2007, 04:52 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They go to bed at roughly the same time every night, but on weekends Haley is allowed to watch a movie in her room before bed so she does stay awake a little longer, but she's just laying in her bed.

June 27th, 2007, 04:34 PM
mommas2favs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mommas2favs
Belle is only 19 months old so staying up late for her on weekends really won't made a big difference for her. However it would for me! I think keeping her on a set schedule right now is best. I don't think once in a while would hurt her at this age, but I don't want to do it all the time.

Now, when I was in grade school, my parents let us stay up an hour to an hour and a half on weekends and special occasions. Only on New Years Eve and into New Years Day did we ever stay up past midnight when I was under the age of 13. I think when Belle is older I might do the same.

~~my awesome siggies are made by *Kiliki~~
June 29th, 2007, 12:06 AM
AnnieP1970's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to AnnieP1970 Send a message via MSN to AnnieP1970 Send a message via Yahoo to AnnieP1970
I'm working on getting my 5 year old on a better sleeping schedule. She's always had an issue with sleep and I guess we've never really enforced it as much as we should have. But she is going to be in school in the fall and I definitely have to get a more structured sleep schedule for her. Hopefully, she wont' fight me on it. But normally I let the kids stay up later on the weekends.
July 5th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How about you Jami, does Marshall get to stay up late on weekends?

July 5th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Regular
No difference between weekends and weeknights during the school year. During the summer, we let it slide if they are camping out in the yard or something. Aside from that, ds6 goes to bed at 8, dd8 at 8:30 and ds11 at 9.
July 11th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Jami&Marshall's Avatar Jami&Marshall
Send a message via MSN to Jami&Marshall
No, Marshall generally always goes to bed at the same time - 7pm. There have been a few times that he has stayed up later, but as a rule he goes to bed at the same time everynight. It's good for him so he knows the schedule and it still enables Justin and me to have some quiet time to ourselves too!

July 15th, 2007, 08:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Mikaela always goes to bed around 9, sometimes she will stay up a tad later.

July 15th, 2007, 05:51 PM
colebrey143's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOL...it looks like I am the only one who has kids that stay up later than I do on the weekends!! My boys look forward to the weekends so much because they can stay up as late as they want on the weekends. They even like to bring out their sleeping bags and "camp" out in the living room. Sometimes I will turn on a movie and make them popcorn, and sometimes, they just like to watch cartoons. Gracie on the other hand, goes to bed at the same time every night....she's not old enough yet to get the option of staying up late....she's a GROUCH if she doesn't get all the sleep she needs!

Loving wife to Chad and proud Mama to Cole (8), Aubrey (7) and Gracie (3)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search