Eating out?

Forum: Traditional Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traditional Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2007, 06:54 AM
Linz's Avatar Slacker Extraordinaire
How often do you go out to eat?

Are your children well-behaved in restaurants?

**thanks to trish for C's birthday siggy**
July 7th, 2007, 07:15 AM
MamaAshley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We eat lunch out often since we go out at least 3 times a week shopping or playing with friends. For dinner maybe once a month...not that often. My kids for being so young, are well-behaved for the most part.

Ashley, pre-RN student, birth doula and busy SAHM to Brianne 6, Colin 5, Kylie 4,
Bryson 2,and our lil man Noah Alexander turns one year on 7/5/10!

July 7th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not very often at all, but when we do the kids are pretty well behaved. Tyler will make a mess and want what everyone else has more than his own plate, but that's about it.

July 7th, 2007, 02:14 PM
mommas2favs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mommas2favs
We eat out maybe once or twice a week. And yes, Belle is pretty well behaved. For now... She's discovered the joy of crayons and paper... so we try to stick with restaurants that have those for children.

~~my awesome siggies are made by *Kiliki~~
July 8th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Linz's Avatar Slacker Extraordinaire
Sometimes we go out once a week, other times it's every couple of weeks. Connor does great.

**thanks to trish for C's birthday siggy**
July 9th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Quote:
We eat out maybe once or twice a week. And yes, Belle is pretty well behaved. For now... She's discovered the joy of crayons and paper... so we try to stick with restaurants that have those for children.[/b]
Heh, Tyler still eats the crayons.

For those with younger kids, do you get the little one's thier own meals or let them eat off of your plate?

July 9th, 2007, 08:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We go out once or twice a month, I guess. Our kids do pretty well overall - their biggest obstacle is keeping their indoor voices going instead of their outdoor voices... But they don't run around the restaurant, they stay in their seats, and they remember pleases and thank yous. They are kids, so I do my best not do expect perfection. But they've been taught respectful restaurant behavior since they were very young.
July 11th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Jami&Marshall's Avatar Jami&Marshall
Send a message via MSN to Jami&Marshall
We don't eat out very often, I would say maybe once every month or 2. Marshall does ok sometimes, but it really depends on his mood. Sometimes he is great and other times he is difficult to keep happy. We do take out more because it is easier to eat at home.

Mel - Generally, we order him his own plate but he will still eat off our plates too!

July 12th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Veteran
We eat out maybe 2-3 times/month. Ds is always well behaved but can be very whiney if he hasn't napped. I always keep a small bag of quiet toys in the car that ds doesn't get to play with at home. It's been a lifesaver in restaurants or when going to someone's house who doesn't have children. Without that bag of toys, restaurant behavior would probably be another story.

www.choicesoaps.com - Luxury Handmade Soap
-You've never seen soap like this before!-

July 12th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Our kids do pretty well overall - their biggest obstacle is keeping their indoor voices going instead of their outdoor voices... [/b]
that! But we choose appropriate restaurants when we have the kids, no fine dining for us! lol

Quote:
We do take out more because it is easier to eat at home.[/b]
I try to avoid this because I still have to clean up after supper if we bring take-out home. If I'm going to pay restaurant prices for food, I'm not doing the dishes too! lol

Quote:
I always keep a small bag of quiet toys in the car that ds doesn't get to play with at home. It's been a lifesaver in restaurants or when going to someone's house who doesn't have children. Without that bag of toys, restaurant behavior would probably be another story.[/b]
That's a great idea!

July 12th, 2007, 02:49 PM
You crack me up, Mel! I had a dream about you last night and I was going to tell you about it in the chat, but I couldn't get on.

July 12th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Yeah, we were saying we missed you and Shalini! Were you blocked because you were at work? We're having a chat afterparty tonight, lol. If you're around go to the chat posted in the PR stickies.

What was the dream about?

July 13th, 2007, 07:05 AM
The dream was ridiculous. You were at my house trying to teach me how to wake up Marshall the "traditional parenting way" (LOL), which was just letting him wake up on his own instead of me waking him up. I kept letting him wake up on his own and then I would go in there to get him and you would scold me and tell me that I didn't do it right, so I would leave Marshall's room and the whole saga would start all over again as if Marshall could go back to sleep instantly. Towards the end, I just kept saying "I did what you said to do and I am just going to do it this way even if it's wrong". It was just so silly.

Ya, I was at work, but I am gonna talk to our IT guy and see if he will help me for next time.

July 13th, 2007, 12:18 PM
LMAO!!! That's hillarious!

July 14th, 2007, 05:48 PM
mommas2favs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mommas2favs
Quote:
Quote:
We eat out maybe once or twice a week. And yes, Belle is pretty well behaved. For now... She's discovered the joy of crayons and paper... so we try to stick with restaurants that have those for children.[/b]
Heh, Tyler still eats the crayons.

For those with younger kids, do you get the little one's thier own meals or let them eat off of your plate?
[/b]

Let Hayley show him how it's done, with the crayons I mean, LOL. I'm sure in no time he'll be coloring too! We started Belle on Crayons at about 18 months and she still tries to put them in her mouth every now and then, but not as often as before...

When Belle was younger I would just share off of my plate. But now we order her a kids meal.

~~my awesome siggies are made by *Kiliki~~
July 15th, 2007, 07:01 AM
Yeah, we're working on it. He does colour and he's getting better and better at it, but he still tries to sneak them in his mouth.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search