Where were you...

Forum: Traditional Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traditional Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 13th, 2007, 07:04 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
on 9/11? How did you hear the tragic news?

Sorry this is a random time to bring it up, I just watched World Trade Center last week so I've been thinking about it a lot since then.

July 13th, 2007, 07:12 AM
Jami&Marshall's Avatar Jami&Marshall
Send a message via MSN to Jami&Marshall
I was at work in Phoenix, Arizona. When I got there, my manager had the TV on and that is what was on, so that's how I found out.

July 14th, 2007, 07:13 AM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was on my way to work (I taught HS) and we watched the news ALL day in the International Relations classroom

July 14th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
at work at dairy queen! i didnt even know it happened til later that day when i got off work!

July 14th, 2007, 05:41 PM
mommas2favs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mommas2favs
I was in Calgary Alberta.

Every morning while getting ready for work, I would turn the my favorite radio channel on, and suddenly the DJ started crying and asked views to turn on the CNN news. So being stupid I did... Watch stupified and in complete horror, as the second tower was hit..... Not a day I like remembering, but we do what we must =1

~~my awesome siggies are made by *Kiliki~~
July 14th, 2007, 11:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was sleeping that morning, when I got up my husband was watching it on TV. He was military at the time so I then started answering phone calls ALL day from family and friends wanting to know if he was deploying and also how I was doing (I was 38 weeks pregnant). A couple of hours later our post went to threat con delta and completely shut down except for emergency vehicles so nobody could come on post, leave post, or even just drive to the grocery store. So, I was at home all day when it happened.
July 15th, 2007, 06:09 PM
colebrey143's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That was back when I was a SAHM so I was feeding Cole breakfast and watching the news...I didn't beleive it when I saw it!

Loving wife to Chad and proud Mama to Cole (8), Aubrey (7) and Gracie (3)
July 23rd, 2007, 07:38 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was around 6 mos pregnant with Haley and enjoying a day off lounging around on the couch. I was living at my brothers at the time and he came home from work and said "Why aren't you watching the TV?!?" He turned it on and we both sat in shock and watched the 2nd tower get hit. I sat there most of the day watching and crying, I was already emotional from the preggo hormones so I didn't take it very well.

I wrote a lot of my feelings about it (and the world at that time) in her baby book but then later on tore out that page because I can't decide if it's something I should leave in there or not. I held on to it, though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search