Transition to crib sleeping

Forum: Traditional Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traditional Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did your child sleep in thier crib right away? If not, at what age did they start?
What did you do to make the transition a smooth one?

Please share your tips and experiences!

August 2nd, 2007, 09:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Mikaela slept with me until she was 3 months old. I had trouble getting her to sleep in there before. But that one night i tried again, she slept in her crib AND slept all night long!!! So from then on she did good in her crib.

But i just kept trying it the few weeks before, getting her used to the crib and trying to be consitant in getting her to sleep in there!

Right now i am in the process of doing the same thing with my new baby who is 2 months old. Im hoping to get him moved into the crib soon.

September 11th, 2007, 04:51 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
Caleb slept in his crib from day one and it was a little different for him because he was in the NICU for the first 5 days of his life and was in smaller cribs. After about a week, he began to settle into it and did fine, especially when I rolled up blankets to put on each side of him to make the crib seem smaller. He didn't like swaddling at all. He would wiggle out of it no matter how tight I wrapped him up. To this day, he still is a wiggle worm at night.
September 14th, 2007, 03:09 AM
teen_momma's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to teen_momma
Ebony slept in her bassinet at night in my room, but from day 1 she slept in her cot during her daytime naps in her own room. She got used to sleeping in both and the trasition was super smooth when i moved her over at 3 months.

Myspace</div>
March 28th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Mommy2n1
With Keira we had bought the bassinet and wanted her to sleep in our room for the first few weeks but she had other plans. The first night home was a disaster and noone slept at all. But the 2nd night we put her in her crib and she went right to sleep and woke up only for her bottles. She napped in her pack n play in the living room until she was a little over a month old and then I started putting her up in her crib to nap too and she sleeps great!
April 15th, 2009, 06:46 PM
MyDuckySam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MyDuckySam
With Sam it was at 4 months and we simply set up the crib int he same place the pack-n-play had been. We were in a one-bedroom at the time, so no other place for him.

With Henry, it was about 3 weeks and the only reason he even started in the pack-n-play was beacuse we were waiting to transition Sam from his toddler bed to his twin trundle bed. My parents were here the week before Henry was born til abotu 2 weeks after, so they slept in the trundle and Sam slept in his toddler bed and therefore still using hte mattress.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search