Formula

Forum: Traditional Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traditional Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2007, 05:49 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What brand did you use?
What did you like and dislike about it?
Did you try any other brands?
What did you like and dislike about them?
Did you prefer powder, liquid concentrate, or ready-to-use?

Please share your tips and experiences!

July 26th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What brand did you use? Good Start
What did you like and dislike about it? Both my kids loved it, and it is affordable. I don't have any dislikes.
Did you try any other brands? Similac because that's what the hospital had, but we switched as soon as we got home.
What did you like and dislike about them? n/a
Did you prefer powder, liquid concentrate, or ready-to-use? At home I prefer the liquid concentrate, but the powder is extremely convenient when you're on the go. Ready to use is too spendy for me!

August 2nd, 2007, 09:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What brand did you use? Now i prefer powder. With mikaela she had to have the can liquid Similac on WIC and i thought i like it best, but now Dylan is on powder formula and i really like it. Much more portable and easier to me.

September 11th, 2007, 04:47 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
What brand did you use? Enfamil Lipil with Iron
What did you like and dislike about it? he had htis at the hospital and seemed to really tolerate it so I stuck with it. It really seemed to fill him up
Did you try any other brands? Costco's version of Enfamil
What did you like and dislike about them? HATED IT!!! I bought the powdered version and it was like I was giving him water. It didn't fill him up, he always seemed to want more and he cried constantly for food.
Did you prefer powder, liquid concentrate, or ready-to-use? I used all versions. When he was younger I could not give him the powdered version for the same reason as the costco brand. The consistancy was different, he never seemed to be full and he would drink more than he would, then get a tummy ache. As he started solids, I went the powdered route and he did much better with it. I used the liquid concentrate and the ready-to-use and I really liked both. When I used the readty-to-use it was because both sets of Grandparents bought it. My husband and I bought the concentrate. Both did the job, he was used to it, and never had an issue like the powder.
October 2nd, 2007, 04:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christy005
What brand did you use? similac advance
What did you like and dislike about it? matthew spit up a bit with it. I really wanted to bf, but it didn't work out this time . so basically, i disliked using formula in general
Did you try any other brands? no
What did you like and dislike about them? n/a
Did you prefer powder, liquid concentrate, or ready-to-use? i love concentrate..so easy...ready to use was easy but smelled odd, to me. and powder is so freaking messy. :S

March 28th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Mommy2n1
What brand did you use? I am still ffing so I use Member's Mark.. the Sam's Club brand

What did you like and dislike about it? Keira loves it and will drink it so it's great and it's $20 for a huge container of it.. it's the 50 something oz container of powder as opposed to the 25 oz which is the large one for the other brands.

Did you try any other brands? Walgreens, Similac, Good Start, Enfamil, Parent's Choice

What did you like and dislike about them? Walgreens didn't mix well and she didn't like it, Good Start she didn't like and the others are so expensive and just the store brands are just as good.

Did you prefer powder, liquid concentrate, or ready-to-use? I prefer the powder cause this way I make it as we need it and it lasts much longer.

December 12th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Super Mommy
What brand did you use? Enfamil A. R.
What did you like and dislike about it? It was rather costly, but it really minimized her spit-up (she had reflux)
Did you try any other brands? Yes, I tried Similac
What did you like and dislike about them? Similac made her very gassy
Did you prefer powder, liquid concentrate, or ready-to-use? Powder
January 28th, 2009, 11:27 AM
MrsBales06's Avatar Member
Send a message via MSN to MrsBales06 Send a message via Yahoo to MrsBales06
What brand did you use? good start
What did you like and dislike about it? nothing Dakota loves it
Did you try any other brands? Yes, I tried Similac
What did you like and dislike about them? it made her gassy and she spit up alot
Did you prefer powder, liquid concentrate, or ready-to-use? Powder! its way easier

<span style="color:#FF00FF">we just had

February 2nd, 2009, 09:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What brand did you use? Similac Alimentum
What did you like and dislike about it? It's really expensive but it has been the only formula he's been able to use.
Did you try any other brands? Yes .. we tried Enfamil when he was first born.
What did you like and dislike about them? He seemed to like it but then he caused him to have bloody stools.
Did you prefer powder, liquid concentrate, or ready-to-use? powder
March 14th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Super Mommy
What brand did you use? Enfamil A.R. (after trying a few other Enfamil formulas)

What did you like and dislike about it? It really helped with her spitting up, but it was so costly

Did you try any other brands? Similac

What did you like and dislike about them? I hated Similac-it gave her the worst gas and her breath was raunchy when she burped after drinking that stuff

Did you prefer powder, liquid concentrate, or ready-to-use? Powder-the liquid concentrate and ready to use upset her tum
March 14th, 2009, 08:32 PM
*Britt*'s Avatar Veteran
we had Matt on similac advance but then we found out that he is lactose sensitive so we had to switch him to similac sensitive. We always use powder.

Losing the baby weight... and then some

April 15th, 2009, 06:43 PM
MyDuckySam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MyDuckySam
I'm FF my 8-week old Good Start, but I'll answer the questions based on my 3.5 yo.

What brand did you use? Target's version of Gentlease was the one we used last and the longest

What did you like and dislike about it? I liked the price and the fact that it stayed down! Nothing I didn't like about it

Did you try any other brands? Enfamil: Lipil, Lipil Low Iron, ProSobee, Nutramigen, Gentlease

What did you like and dislike about them? We didn't like anything abotu the first four brands because the first two came right back at us (Sam was a projectiler), ProSobee bound him up severely, Nutramigen was grossly overpriced, smelled horribly and didn't fix the issue. We liked the Gentlease because it settled in Sam's stomach well, he kept it down and gained weight. I'll say I didn't like the price because the Target version was cheaper.

Did you prefer powder, liquid concentrate, or ready-to-use? I've only used powder aside from the little bottles they give you in the hospital.

Please share your tips and experiences!
1. don't give up....even the same "type" of formula iwth a different brand can affect a baby

2. an allergy to milk is not the same as lactose intolerant, don't let a pedi bully you into Nutramigen/Alimentum without a confirmed milk allergy diagnosis

3. try the low lactose or lactose free formulas before the hypoallergenic stuff

4. prep bottles ahead of time if you can. I remember doing pitchers with Sam, now I make 6 4-oz bottles at a time and it's so nice I only have to warm them up

5. even if you have to burp the baby yourself (which I do, Henry won't burp for dh), have someone else feed them. it's 15-20 minutes that you can go pee, brush your teeth, comb your hair, get dressed or spend time with any other children you may have (or you can catch up on JM)

6. don't go out and buy 15 of one kind of bottle only to find your child hates them. buy a couple of each brands, try them and see what your child likes. better yet, find other new moms in your area (buy new nips) and exchange.

7. if you do the drop-ins.....you could do what I do.....have 15 nips, but only 5 "bottles". you really only have to wash the nips and it will save time, money and cupboard space. I rinse my bottles and nip collars in hot soapy water every 24-36 hours, so they get used 2-3 times. I take time to check for formula around the collar of both and wash if necessary, though.

June 24th, 2009, 08:04 AM
ANGWife
What brand did you use? Similac Sensitive

What did you like and dislike about it? I like that it mixed easily. Only thing I don't like is the price

Did you try any other brands? We tried Similac Advanced, but not any other brand

What did you like and dislike about them? It gave him too much painful gas

Did you prefer powder, liquid concentrate, or ready-to-use? Powder. I would like to use liquid but then you have to refrigerate and heat. Too much work haha

Please share your tips and experiences![/quote]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search