Maternal Instincts

Forum: Traditional Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traditional Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2007, 08:32 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. If you're out shopping and hear a baby cry, what's your first thought?

2. Are the passengers in your car required to buckle their seat belts regardless of age?

3. Do you ever feel the need to clean/straighten your loved ones? With your own spit?

4. Some people are described as having "a face only a mother could love." What people or things in your life do you love unconditionally?

5. In what ways are you like your mother? What habits, catch phrases, and tricks have you picked up from her?

July 20th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
1. If you're out shopping and hear a baby cry, what's your first thought? Poor thing is probably tired and hungry. Or bored!

2. Are the passengers in your car required to buckle their seat belts regardless of age? Yes, it is a safety issue.

3. Do you ever feel the need to clean/straighten your loved ones? With your own spit? Haha! Depends on where I am and what I am doing. If I am going to the grocery store and Aiden is filthy, I don't care too much. If we are on our way to church, and I noticed some leftover PB from breakfast, I probably will. You know, the whole look your best thing and all!

4. Some people are described as having "a face only a mother could love." What people or things in your life do you love unconditionally? Aiden and Steve, for sure. This new baby even though we have never met. Chocolate chip cookies, even though they make me fat.

5. In what ways are you like your mother? What habits, catch phrases, and tricks have you picked up from her? I heard myself say "oh crumb!" the other day and thought I would die laughing. That is definately my Mom's phrase! Honestly, I don't even know. My Mom and I get on each other's nerves a lot because we are so alike. When I had Aiden she came and stayed for three weeks. She taught me so much and I still call her for advice, and we got along great. She is coming to help with #2 as well. I thought about it the other day, and I thought as much as she drives me nuts at times, if I can be half as good a parent as she is, then I will be happy.

July 20th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. If you're out shopping and hear a baby cry, what's your first thought? Glad it's not mine!

2. Are the passengers in your car required to buckle their seat belts regardless of age? Yup!

3. Do you ever feel the need to clean/straighten your loved ones? With your own spit? Just my kids, LOL

4. Some people are described as having "a face only a mother could love." What people or things in your life do you love unconditionally? Just my kiddos, there's nothing in the world they could ever do to make me love them even an ounce less!

5. In what ways are you like your mother? What habits, catch phrases, and tricks have you picked up from her? I say "Smarten Up!" to Haley a lot, that's definitely my mother talking.

July 20th, 2007, 08:23 PM
LisaLisaBoBisa's Avatar you...don't...want me?O.o
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaLisaBoBisa
1. If you're out shopping and hear a baby cry, what's your first thought? poor baby

2. Are the passengers in your car required to buckle their seat belts regardless of age? yes

3. Do you ever feel the need to clean/straighten your loved ones? With your own spit? yes but not with spit lol

4. Some people are described as having "a face only a mother could love." What people or things in your life do you love unconditionally? only my kids

5. In what ways are you like your mother? What habits, catch phrases, and tricks have you picked up from her? hmm im not sure a lot of the songs i sing to ariana i picked up from mymom but that doesnt really count

July 20th, 2007, 08:38 PM
crystalclear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to crystalclear
1. If you're out shopping and hear a baby cry, what's your first thought? Awww, Poor baby.... and poor mother....

2. Are the passengers in your car required to buckle their seat belts regardless of age? Always.

3. Do you ever feel the need to clean/straighten your loved ones? With your own spit? I am embarrassed to say yes. I do actually do this with Madeleine. Hopefully I'll learn to stop before she gets old enough to notice. lol

4. Some people are described as having "a face only a mother could love." What people or things in your life do you love unconditionally? Madeleine. And possibly coffee.

5. In what ways are you like your mother? What habits, catch phrases, and tricks have you picked up from her? I make a huge deal out of holidays... birthdays, christmas, etc. If there's a reason to celebrate, I go all out. So far I haven't started copying any of her little sayings. I'm sure that will come in time. I focus on Madeleine's imagination and do everything I can to help her expand it. My mom always did that with me.

July 20th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Jodi Dawn's Avatar Host of the Jan-July 05 P
Send a message via Yahoo to Jodi Dawn
1. If you're out shopping and hear a baby cry, what's your first thought? Where is that baby at I want to see it.

2. Are the passengers in your car required to buckle their seat belts regardless of age? YES they all know that before they get in my car

3. Do you ever feel the need to clean/straighten your loved ones? With your own spit? haha yes

4. Some people are described as having "a face only a mother could love." What people or things in your life do you love unconditionally? my kids, my family, Brian(fiance)

5. In what ways are you like your mother? What habits, catch phrases, and tricks have you picked up from her? biting my nails, driving fast (use to)
July 23rd, 2007, 11:03 AM
Jami&Marshall's Avatar Jami&Marshall
Send a message via MSN to Jami&Marshall
1. If you're out shopping and hear a baby cry, what's your first thought? Aww, bless their little heart.

2. Are the passengers in your car required to buckle their seat belts regardless of age? Yes

3. Do you ever feel the need to clean/straighten your loved ones? With your own spit? Yes, unfortunately

4. Some people are described as having "a face only a mother could love." What people or things in your life do you love unconditionally? Just Marshall. I love him always and nothing will ever make that change.

5. In what ways are you like your mother? What habits, catch phrases, and tricks have you picked up from her? I say to Marshall "Do you want to go to timeout or do you want Mommy to take your toy away" whenever he is not listening and everytime I say it, it reminds me of my mother asking dumb questions like that because NOBODY WANTS TO "go to time out or have a toy taken away".

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search