Neat and Tidy

Forum: Traditional Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traditional Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2007, 07:34 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. How neat are the clothes you wear? Do you iron? Fold them promptly? Pull them out of the dirty laundry?

2. How do you make your bed? Hospital corners? All over the floor? Or somewhere in between?

3. Do you leave dirty dishes in your dishwasher? In the sink? On the counters? In other rooms?

4. Are your floors clean enough to eat off of or is there an old science experiment growing in the corner?

5. How clean is the outside of your car? How about the inside? Is there junk in your trunk?

July 20th, 2007, 07:43 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
1. How neat are the clothes you wear? Do you iron? Fold them promptly? Pull them out of the dirty laundry? They re semi neat. I personally love doing laundry. I know, I am crazy! I fold them promptly, but I don't always put them away right away. I DESPISE ironing. My hubby is a nurse so he needs his uniforms ironed and guess what? He does it himself!

2. How do you make your bed? Hospital corners? All over the floor? Or somewhere in between?
Somewhere in between. I have never been a fan of hospital corners. If I go to make the bed, I tuck the sheets and blankets in all around and let the bedspread out. If I make it! If not, then I have to make it before I go to bed because I have this weird thing where I can't sleep in a messy bed!

3. Do you leave dirty dishes in your dishwasher? In the sink? On the counters? In other rooms? I am so bad for this. Now that I have a dishwasher, I have been using it. But I leave dirty dishes in the house all over the place!

4. Are your floors clean enough to eat off of or is there an old science experiment growing in the corner? Somewhere in between. I usually sweep 10000 times a day because of Aiden's messes. If I don't sweep, he will eat food off the floor and who knows how long it has been there. So I try to sweep at least 2 times a day, even though it feels like I am ALWAYS doing it.

5. How clean is the outside of your car? How about the inside? Is there junk in your trunk?
I don't have a car, so this doesn't really apply!!

July 20th, 2007, 12:05 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Luckily my dh is a neat freak, and I see ds picking up on that a little.
  • Clothes - hung up straight from the dryer
  • Bed - sheets have to be perfect or I'll toss and turn all night. Blanket has to be almost perfect.
  • Dishes - dh does them each night. we run the dw once a day
  • Floors - we've got 2 dogs who clean up after my toddler... they're clean enough for Ben to eat off of, but definitely not me! He eats dog toys, dog food, and plays in the water dish, so his immunity is higher than mine. They're generally "pretty" clean though.
  • Car - dog hair! Otherwise, it's pretty clean.
July 20th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. How neat are the clothes you wear? Do you iron? Fold them promptly? Pull them out of the dirty laundry? Depends if I'm working or home! Anything that will wrinkle I will fold promptly, but the rest no. And I never ever iron.

2. How do you make your bed? Hospital corners? All over the floor? Or somewhere in between? I only have the fitted sheet and a bedspread on there so when I do make the bed it's just straightening the pillows and blanket.

3. Do you leave dirty dishes in your dishwasher? In the sink? On the counters? In other rooms? I rinse my dishes and put them in the dishwasher or sink until that night when they will get washed. My SO will leave them whereever and never rinses.

4. Are your floors clean enough to eat off of or is there an old science experiment growing in the corner? Somewhere in the middle, lol. They don't look dirty at all, but I wouldn't eat off of them, heh.

5. How clean is the outside of your car? How about the inside? Is there junk in your trunk? Outside is pretty clean, the inside is very cluttered with stuff that shouldn't be in there. Not much in the trunk, maybe the stroller and my cloth grocery bags.

July 20th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
1. How neat are the clothes you wear? Do you iron? Fold them promptly? Pull them out of the dirty laundry?
I dont iron much, unless i just have to. i fold my clothes and hang them cleaned.

When i make my bed...lol...i make it neat. I used to have a habit of doing hospital corners since i worked in a hospital...but
now i just make it neat and straight as fast as i can.

3. Do you leave dirty dishes in your dishwasher? In the sink? On the counters? In other rooms?
Me and DH try to keep dirty dishes rinsed and put in the dishwasher.

4. Are your floors clean enough to eat off of or is there an old science experiment growing in the corner?
I dont think you should eat off my floors, no, but they arent neccessarily nasty.

The outside is a little dirty right now, the inside is a little messy too. Only thing in the trunk is a stroller.

July 20th, 2007, 07:26 PM
LisaLisaBoBisa's Avatar you...don't...want me?O.o
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaLisaBoBisa
1. How neat are the clothes you wear? Do you iron? Fold them promptly? Pull them out of the dirty laundry? i usually fold them right away rarely iron

i just make it not perfect like a hospital or anything but as long as our blankets are layed out nice im ok

3. Do you leave dirty dishes in your dishwasher? In the sink? On the counters? In other rooms? ughh i cant stand dirty dishes we have a bin we put them in now and then load them all in the dishwasher i hate when theyre all sitting on the counter

4. Are your floors clean enough to eat off of or is there an old science experiment growing in the corner? in between not perfect but i guess surface clean

5. How clean is the outside of your car? How about the inside? Is there junk in your trunk? my car is decent i do need to wash it

July 20th, 2007, 07:44 PM
crystalclear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to crystalclear
1. How neat are the clothes you wear? Do you iron? Fold them promptly? Pull them out of the dirty laundry? I rarely iron. Generally if my clothes are wrinkled, I'll just toss them in the dryer for a few minutes. I fold right away, but sometimes I never get around to putting them back in the closet or drawers.

2. How do you make your bed? Hospital corners? All over the floor? Or somewhere in between? Unless someone is coming over, I just straighten it up enough that it looks fairly presentable.

3. Do you leave dirty dishes in your dishwasher? In the sink? On the counters? In other rooms? Ugh. No, but Ryan does and it drives me mad. Sometimes I forget about a glass or two, but he leaves things around constantly. Sometimes it takes us two days to fill up the dishwasher enough to run it.

4. Are your floors clean enough to eat off of or is there an old science experiment growing in the corner? There's probably some dog hair in the corner, but hopefully no science experiments. I sweep often, but I probably don't mop as often as I should.

5. How clean is the outside of your car? How about the inside? Is there junk in your trunk? The inside part is clean. The trunk is an entirely different story... There is always junk in my trunk.

July 23rd, 2007, 10:10 AM
Jami&Marshall's Avatar Jami&Marshall
Send a message via MSN to Jami&Marshall
1. How neat are the clothes you wear? Do you iron? Fold them promptly? Pull them out of the dirty laundry? I iron just about every day (most people know I am a neat freak and that includes mine, Justin and Marshall's clothes too). I do fold them right out of the dryer and put them away.

2. How do you make your bed? Hospital corners? All over the floor? Or somewhere in between? Hospital corners

3. Do you leave dirty dishes in your dishwasher? In the sink? On the counters? In other rooms? Dishwasher

4. Are your floors clean enough to eat off of or is there an old science experiment growing in the corner? Clean enough to eat off of - my mom's are too!

5. How clean is the outside of your car? How about the inside? Is there junk in your trunk? Just cleaned it again on Saturday, inside and out and put leather cleaner on the seats... THANK YOU JUSTIN FOR DOING IT!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search