Married Mamas

Forum: Traditional Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traditional Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2007, 07:11 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tell us about your wedding, and please share some pics!!

July 24th, 2007, 07:47 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Very simple and cheap (even the cakes came from walmart). The pix aren't very good. Our honeymoon was a trip to the Houston Science Museum & Zoo. We decided we'd rather have a house than a fancy-schmancy wedding. We closed on the house the Monday before our Saturday wedding, so we were able to get things moved in asap and sleep there the first night.
July 24th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
June 10th 06. Gatlinburg,TN in the mountians. We got married in a little chapel on 'Honeymoon Hills'. Small wedding. Colors were light blue and white, took place at noon that day. Our honeymoon cabin was just a few feet from the chapel.
Heres a couple of pics, one inside the chapel, one outside:

July 24th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Dragonfly_Belle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We got married in our local park under a huge oak tree. It was inexpensive, elegant, and a whole lot of fun. Considering it was my second wedding, I believe it turned out better than the first, and it was more "mine" than anything else.

July 24th, 2007, 01:30 PM
PeanutandPiglet'sMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to PeanutandPiglet'sMom Send a message via Yahoo to PeanutandPiglet'sMom
I'll have to scan some pics from my wedding but...

I was married on October 8th, 1999. We were married in a church, though not one we attended regularly...it was a cute one on a hill. We had 5 bridesmaids, 5 groomsmen, 2 ring bearers and a flower girl.

My color for the bridesmaids was purple...we had a reception of 130 people...we honeymooned in Antigua.

July 26th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Jami&Marshall's Avatar Jami&Marshall
Send a message via MSN to Jami&Marshall
We got married on 8/21/99 in a church that I attended as a child. Our reception was immediately following the ceremony at the Raintree Plaza Hotel. We had an Italian buffet dinner at the hotel for 250 guests and we danced and we paid for 1 keg and all the wine and the champagne for the toast and then the rest was a cash bar. The cake was a white cake with strawberry filling and it was wonderful. At that time, digital media wasn't as big as it is now, so I will try to remember to scan some pictures and put them on here.

We shared ours, now you have to share yours, Mel!

July 26th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Hehe, I'm not married yet!!

But when we eventually do it we'll be going (probably) to Costa Rica and getting married at a rainforest resort. Just us and the kids. Then when we come home we'll have a huge reception and show the video tape of the wedding and I'll wear my dress again and stuff so the family can still be a part of it.

July 26th, 2007, 03:12 PM
That sounds awesome, Mel! I feel like I have known you forever and I had no idea that you hadn't tied the knot yet!

July 26th, 2007, 06:11 PM
We might as well be, we've been together forever and are just as committed! But we're in no rush. I want to be able to afford a nice honeymoon as well, and we want the kids to be old enough to be a big part of the ceremony.

July 27th, 2007, 08:23 AM
I think involving the kids is a great way to do it! I felt the same way that Justin and I were basically married before we did the whole wedding thing. When you live with someone and have been together for so long, the wedding is just more of a formality.

August 2nd, 2007, 11:49 AM
We got married 21, May 2007. We just ran off to the courthouse and did it. We'll be having a "real" ceremony in about a year or two and we'll just renew our vows then.
August 3rd, 2007, 07:39 PM
mikala101505's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we got married october 15 2005 at my moms house in a barn it we had wildflowers and it was so cute i don't have a scanner to post pics, we didn't have a honeymoon, we're waiting to go somewhere really nice.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search