Spanking/Punishing in public.

Forum: Traditional Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traditional Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2007, 08:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you do it? Do you spank right where you are in the store or do you take your child to the bathroom or wait til you get home?

Ill usually just lightly spank her on her bottom right in the store. Of course i get those "oh my god" looks from people sometimes
but i just dont care anymore. Im so sick of these nosey strangers in walmart thinking they have a right to stare or comment on
what im doing with my child. One day Mikaela was throwing this huge fit b/c she kept pulling things off the shelf so i spanked her and
made her ride in the buggy. WELL that just ruined her day!!! So she cried and screamed ALL the way through the store...
what did i do? Ignored her behavior. I just let her scream and throw her fit. Just b/c we were in the store does not mean i was going to
let her get her way, ya know? So every lady that walked by stared at me like i was beating her with a stick or something....
I looked at a few of them and was like 'can i help you?' 'do u have a problem?'

now of course if we were in a restuarant, or somewhere more 'quiet' i would take her to the bathroom to throw her fit until she calmed down and acted right, and then take her back to the table.

What do you do?

July 27th, 2007, 08:46 AM
AshesL78's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to AshesL78
I will spank them wherever we happen to be. If someone doesn't like it, oh well.

Thank you rawisner!
Delaney 06/09/05, Xander 06/02/05, Alerric 08/06/03, Myranda 03/06/02, Zachary 07/02/96
<div align="center"></div>
July 27th, 2007, 10:57 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
I try not to make it noticable. He's young enough that if he does something wrong, I have to correct it immediately. If I wait until we've gotten across the store to the bathroom, he'll have no clue what's going on. If he throws a fit, oh well. That's life. If parents comment, I say something like "he's ok... it's just time for a nap." They usually agree and move on.
July 28th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Pretty much the same as you girls. Spanking is really a last resort for me so thankfully it hasn't come to that out in public yet. I have slapped thier hands, but no butt spankings.

But I definitely do not act any differently out in public than I do at home. I don't care if anyone sees me yell, spank, or walk along merrily while I completely ignore the kicking and screaming hellions in the cart I'm pushing.

July 30th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Jodi Dawn's Avatar Host of the Jan-July 05 P
Send a message via Yahoo to Jodi Dawn
we were at a Garfield's restraunt the one night and Brayden was throwing his food, I told him to stop it and he didnt so I smacked his fingers/hands and my SO yelled at me for doing that in public... well I am not gonna sit there and have him being a brat throwing food so of course I am gonna do something about it. I on the other hand r different than u girls. if someone sees ya spank ur child they will call children youth services on people and then ur in trouble
August 1st, 2007, 05:30 PM
Regular
I'll give a warning swat at the store if need be. If the kid needs an actual spanking (like, on the bare rear with an open hand or belt) that waits until we get home.
August 2nd, 2007, 10:38 AM
I guess I don't have this problem as a whole. I've been known to make her sit on a bench - depending on where we were. Or she loses her bedtime story, or whatever is appropriate at the time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search