I need help please.....

Forum: Traditional Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traditional Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2007, 10:42 PM
Perfectly*Mixed*Up
My daughter is about to be 6 months old and I have spoiled her. She can't go to sleep without my rocking and patting her, a binky/boob for at least 30 mins.
It was ok when she was 2 and 3 months old, but now that she is almost 6 months, I want her to learn to fall asleep herself. The other issue is that she can't keep the binky in herself. So if it falls out before she is in deep sleep, she immediately wakes up and is fussing. I don't have an issue with the binky if she could hold it in herself, but she can't.
I have 2 older children who are 2 and 4. I can't sit and rock her every time she needs a nap, because they use every opportunity to get into trouble. The minute I'm busy with her, they get into things, start fighting, or are just overly loud. I just can't be sitting for her with 30 mins, quietly (because we all know 2 and 4 yr olds aren't) to get her to sleep.
I feel silly asking this because I forget how I did it with my boys. The other thing was my boys were both bottle fed. My 4 yr old at 7 weeks, and my 2 yr old at 3 or 4 months. So they used the bottle to go to sleep.
With my older ones and my DH deployed, I need help getting her to do this on her own.
I really feel silly asking, I should know this.
July 28th, 2007, 06:39 AM
TwoSweetGirls's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I say let her work it out on her own. Nurse her, put her bink in, then put her down to bed, and let her work it out. Of course this is going to take some time, but if you keep the end result in mind you'll do great! Here is what I did, because Kaiya too needed to be rocked to sleep. I let her cry the amount of time of her age, ie, your little one is 6 mos, let her cry 6 min then go in and soothe her, give her her binkie back, etc, try not to pick her up though if you can help it. Once she is calm, leave the room and repeat the process as necessary. HTH.
July 28th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would the method above. And also, have you tried different kinds of binky's? My kids hard a hard time with most except for the Gerber glentle flex ones. They're very easy to hold onto and it's shaped out from thier mouth instead of against it, so it looks kinda funny, but more comfy for them at the same time. They are also supposed to be the soother that mimics nursing the best.

July 28th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I say let her work it out on her own. Nurse her, put her bink in, then put her down to bed, and let her work it out. Of course this is going to take some time, but if you keep the end result in mind you'll do great! Here is what I did, because Kaiya too needed to be rocked to sleep. I let her cry the amount of time of her age, ie, your little one is 6 mos, let her cry 6 min then go in and soothe her, give her her binkie back, etc, try not to pick her up though if you can help it. Once she is calm, leave the room and repeat the process as necessary. HTH.[/b]
I this as well. good advice.

July 28th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Perfectly*Mixed*Up
Thank you ladies. She takes the Soothie binky, but it really doesn't work well to stay in. I have all kinds of them, but the ones posted above, so I'll go get those ones.
I'm going to start this new method today.
I can't believe I forgot how to do this B)
July 28th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
let us know how it goes!

July 28th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Perfectly*Mixed*Up
HELP!!!!!!
She is crying hard, and it's only been 3 mins. I put her in there with her blanket and binky. She is screaming bloody murder. Please tell me they won't all be like this, it's breaking my heart. My boys are wondering why the heck I'm not in there. LOL
July 28th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
AWWWW!!! Sorry no one was here at the time. Be strong mama!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search