Saturday Six

Forum: Traditional Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traditional Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2007, 07:47 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. When do you buy candy for local trick-or-treaters?

2. When you buy Halloween candy (or if you were to buy it), would you be more likely to buy lower-priced candy that you didn’t particularly care for or candy you like that happened to cost a little more?

3. If you were in a mood for a scary movie to watch on Halloween night, which would you select?

4. Take the quiz: What should you be for Halloween?

5. Should trick-or-treating be regulated so that it is held on non-school nights and during hours that might help children avoid dangerous travel hours?

6. How do you feel about some churches scheduling “fall festivals” to replace Halloween because of the holiday’s dark origin?

October 6th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christy005
1. When do you buy candy for local trick-or-treaters? I haven't before. i think this year Ill get it the day before.

2. When you buy Halloween candy (or if you were to buy it), would you be more likely to buy lower-priced candy that you didn’t particularly care for or candy you like that happened to cost a little more? lower priced candy. lol.

3. If you were in a mood for a scary movie to watch on Halloween night, which would you select? halloween

4. Take the quiz: What should you be for Halloween? I should be: a girl scout. sweet. haha

5. Should trick-or-treating be regulated so that it is held on non-school nights and during hours that might help children avoid dangerous travel hours? yes

6. How do you feel about some churches scheduling “fall festivals” to replace Halloween because of the holiday’s dark origin? I don't agree with that! why not let kids have fun? it's not like they are deeply thinking about the dark origins...

October 6th, 2007, 03:15 PM
*1Boy1Girl*
1. When do you buy candy for local trick-or-treaters? About a week before. If I do it any sooner than that, it probably would be gone.

2. When you buy Halloween candy (or if you were to buy it), would you be more likely to buy lower-priced candy that you didn’t particularly care for or candy you like that happened to cost a little more? I buy whatevery my DH thinks is best. I try to get the good stuff though rather than the cheap stuff that nobody likes.

3. If you were in a mood for a scary movie to watch on Halloween night, which would you select? Halloween

4. Take the quiz: What should you be for Halloween? Candy Corn

5. Should trick-or-treating be regulated so that it is held on non-school nights and during hours that might help children avoid dangerous travel hours? NO!!! That just ruins the whole thing.

6. How do you feel about some churches scheduling “fall festivals” to replace Halloween because of the holiday’s dark origin? My church does that, and I like it but don't like it. It's nice for them to have a place to go that is safe and isn't dangerous and still get candy, but at the same time, the churches that make a big deal about it just goes way overboard. Kids don't know about it's dark orgin. All they care about is the candy. I think sometimes those adults forget about that.
October 6th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. When do you buy candy for local trick-or-treaters? The 30th or 31st, haha

2. When you buy Halloween candy (or if you were to buy it), would you be more likely to buy lower-priced candy that you didn’t particularly care for or candy you like that happened to cost a little more? I just get mini bags of chips, it's cheaper than candy.

3. If you were in a mood for a scary movie to watch on Halloween night, which would you select? I hate scary movies!

4. Take the quiz: What should you be for Halloween? A bumble bee! heehee

5. Should trick-or-treating be regulated so that it is held on non-school nights and during hours that might help children avoid dangerous travel hours? NO! It's no fun until it's after dark, and it wouldn't be the same if it wasn't actually on Halloween night!

6. How do you feel about some churches scheduling “fall festivals” to replace Halloween because of the holiday’s dark origin? Everyone has thier beliefs, so who am I to judge? And I'm sure some members of those churches still let thier kids dress up, or go trick or treating anyways. As long as the kids still get to have fun, I guess that's all that matters.

October 8th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Jami&Marshall's Avatar Jami&Marshall
Send a message via MSN to Jami&Marshall
1. When do you buy candy for local trick-or-treaters? About 1 week beforehand

2. When you buy Halloween candy (or if you were to buy it), would you be more likely to buy lower-priced candy that you didn’t particularly care for or candy you like that happened to cost a little more? Candy that I like, so I can eat the leftovers

3. If you were in a mood for a scary movie to watch on Halloween night, which would you select? The Shining (my all-time favorite movie)

4. Take the quiz: What should you be for Halloween? A Martini

5. Should trick-or-treating be regulated so that it is held on non-school nights and during hours that might help children avoid dangerous travel hours? Yes

6. How do you feel about some churches scheduling “fall festivals” to replace Halloween because of the holiday’s dark origin? To each their own. Whatever they feel comfortable with works for me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search