How often do you go to the dentist?

Forum: Traditional Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traditional Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Jami&Marshall's Avatar Jami&Marshall
Send a message via MSN to Jami&Marshall
Have you taken your child(ren) yet, if so, how often do they go?

October 16th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Haley's only gone once so far (she started at age 5) but the next appointment is coming up. They will go twice a year.

October 16th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christy005
Matthew hasn't gone yet, but at a year, I'm going to take him. and then what's recommended after that.

I usually go every 6 months...when I have insurance..which I don't right now.

October 17th, 2007, 07:57 AM
I just went yesterday for my 6-month cleaning, which I love to do. We both go every 6 months for cleanings. I am taking Marshall in when I go for my next cleaning so that he can get comfortable with the dentist office and then I will schedule an appointment for him after that, but I really don't know how often young children are supposed to go, but I guess I will find out.

October 17th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Hart_N_Sole
Well, it used to be that I went once a year... But I haven't been to the dentist in about 3-4 years now...

We're waiting to take Connor to the dentist when he is about 2 years old. His teeth are coming in REALLY slow...
October 17th, 2007, 09:44 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We go twice a year. Well, except for dh. He keeps putting off. He doesn't want to go at all.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
October 17th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Brandon's been going since he was 18 months old every 6 months. I and hubby also go every 6 months.
October 18th, 2007, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Brandon's been going since he was 18 months old every 6 months. I and hubby also go every 6 months.[/b]
I am impressed! I am nervous to take Marshall in 6 months (2.5 years old) because I don't know if he'll bite the dentist. lol

October 18th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
Brandon's been going since he was 18 months old every 6 months. I and hubby also go every 6 months.[/b]
I am impressed! I am nervous to take Marshall in 6 months (2.5 years old) because I don't know if he'll bite the dentist. lol
[/b]
It was recommended by the dentists there to take them when they had a full set of teeth, so around 18 months so that's what I did. He's 6 now and has been going every 6 months since. I'm anal on dental care LoL. Personally I have never had any cavities and I'd like for him to be able to say the same one day.

But with your child, really I'm sure there is nothing he can do that the dentist hasn't had done before. They usually know how to handle kids. Personally I've never had any problems. They showed Brandon on his teddy bear the first time I took him and then he was fine, they also put some cartoons on on the TV in the exam room and so he sat and watched cartoons. Really they were done in like 10 minutes max. No big deal.
October 19th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Here they reccommend starting at age 4, unless you see a problem earlier or have any concerns. I didn't, so I started Haley at 5. She's always been great about brushing. And when she did see the dentist, he said her mouth looked perfect! She will go every 6 mos from now on.

Tyler's a bit more stubborn when it comes to brushing his teeth, he loves doing it on his own but it's a struggle to get him to let me do it to make sure he's been thorough enough. So, I'll likely start taking him around 3 years old.

October 22nd, 2007, 08:26 AM
Here, our dentist just said to bring him in around age 2 to get him comfortable and then to schedule an appointment after that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search