Does your child(ren) have a savings account set up?

Forum: Traditional Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Traditional Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2007, 07:48 AM
Jami&Marshall's Avatar Jami&Marshall
Send a message via MSN to Jami&Marshall
If so, will you decide what the money is spent on when they want it or are they allowed to spend it as they choose when the time comes?

October 17th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Laney21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have RESP's for them, like I said in the college fund thread. But our hope is that they will be using them for college. If not, I will definitely have a say in what they spend the money on. I mean I won't be strict about it, but I will make sure it's not wasted.

October 17th, 2007, 04:26 PM
*1Boy1Girl*
Yep. I started it the day that he was born. Any cash that he got for his birthday, I put in an account nad periodically, I put some in from our own money.

Also, starting on his first brithday, we will start to get savings bonds. It will be a nice little nest egg when he's ready for it.

As far as how he will spend it, I have plans for it, but ultimately, it's his decision what he wants to use it on. I just hope that we can teach him some financial responsibilities so he will use it wisely.
October 18th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Marshall has one that we set up when he was an infant and we put birthday money and stuff like that into it and then we contribute to it as we can.

As far as him spending it, it is ultimately his choice, but I will certainly try to guide him so that he uses it wisely.

October 19th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christy005
no, not yet. I feel like everyone else though. It will be his decision, but I hope he'll do something useful with it.

October 22nd, 2007, 08:34 AM
We currently have Marshall's set up so that either Justin or me has to sign in order for him to take it out, so it will be easier to guide him in spending it if one of us has to be there for him to take it out.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search