5 Months TTC - Getting worried

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **Helpful TTC Information** LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2012, 11:16 AM
My husband and I are in our 5th month TTC. I feel like we have tried everything. I have charted my BBT, CM, cervix position, taken OPK tests. We have done the baby dance every day for three days before, the day of and the day after. We have tried doing it every day, every other day, me on top, him on top, him behind me (TMI???). I have laid there for hours afterwards and nothing!!!! We don't use lubricants or anything like that.

I am starting to get very worried. I know they say it can take up to a year but I am not sure if I can deal with the let down every month for a year.

Last month I took a pregnancy test on the day of my missed period and I had a faint 2nd line. I went to get a digital test and it said negative. I took another the next morning and it to said negative. I started later that day. Talk about disappointed.

What are we doing wrong???? Does anyone have any suggestions or tips?

I have thrown the basel thermometer in the medicine cabinet and plan to just do "it" this month. At the very least maybe it will cut back on the stress of it all. Maybe????
June 4th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Caerus's Avatar Due in Sept 2014
It sounds to me like you are doing everything you can. Unfortunately, it can take a while, even when you are doing everything perfect! I think that is one of the most frustrating parts of TTC. I wish our bodies were such that if we did TTC right, we'd get pregnant the first cycle.

If it would make you feel better, some OBs will start running tests (bloodwork, SAs, ultrasounds, etc.) once you hit the 6 month mark, especially if you are sure you are timing BDing right.

Thanks to Bokkechick for the lovely siggie!

Pregnant #1 with 2 Angels in Heaven
June 6th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Scarlet Starlet's Avatar Teleport Birthing Founder
Ditto everything PP said.
The average couple only has a 15% chance of conceiving every month-the odds aren't in our favor. It sounds like you're doing everything within your capability to do, so unfortunately the rest is up to the powers that be. Keep doing what you're doing and you will get there in time.
June 13th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the motivation. I do have an ob appointment set up for my annual wellness check. It will fall right after the 6 months mark. So at the very least maybe we will get answers.
June 25th, 2012, 10:27 AM
My husbad and I were trying to concieve our second child for 5 months. I tried the ovulation monitor, which had worked with my daugther on the first try, I tried ovulation kits and nothing was working. I found that I ovulated very late on a 32-35 day cycle and in addition to that my LP was very short which is what I attributed to me not getting pregnant. After 5 months of all BFN I decided to just stop trying. I was driving myself crazy and I think I was just stressing myself out. Last month I did nothing as far as checking ovulation and just relaxed. I found out last week that we're pregant. I hated when someone would tell me to stop trying and that it would happen when it was supposed to happen because I'm impatient and I didn't want to wait any longer. I really do believe now that if you just stop charting and checking and really have fun with it that it will happen! Good luck!!!!
June 25th, 2012, 11:58 AM
My husband and I are in the same boat right now... Everyone keeps telling me it will happen when it happens and relax... I think just relaxing and trying not to think to much about it is all we can do other then going in for your wellness just to be on the safe side. Although it does really make you dread AF. Good thoughts being sent your way your time will come!
June 28th, 2012, 07:09 PM
The hubbs and I will begin our TTC journey this cycle. Today marks CD1...I am super excited to have found JM, you all are so supportive and wonderful to each other! I don't really have anything to add to this post other than warm fuzzy feelings about this site and the women here...and of course best wishes and tons of prayer that we all reach our common goal!
October 25th, 2012, 10:45 AM
My husband and I are going through the same thing. I chart all my cycles and use ovulation tests but it just hasnt worked the past 5 months. Yesterday I went to the doctor and it really helped me feel more relaxed. I don't know what your cycles are like but mine are about 32-34 days and the dr told me that sometimes the longer your cycle is the less likely you are to ovulate even if you get the LH surge. I will be starting clomid this cycle and it is supposed to stimulate ovulation. They are also running tests to make sure that everything with my uterus and tubes are like they should be. Personally that dr's appt was worth every penny to me and it might be worth it to you as well. Good luck TTC!
October 25th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Hello All!
I have a kind of long back story so I hope this isn't too boring. I am 26 and I have been married for over a year. Last year I found out that I had a blood clot in my left calf caused by being on birth control. Since that time I have been on and off blood thinners and consulted with multiple multiple doctors. We received to go ahead to try for a baby and this is the second month we have been trying and I am so afraid that we will be infertile. I am over weight so I heard that makes it difficult but I was always very regular up until about 3 months ago. I still get my period I just never really know when which is why I started using an ovulation meter each month. I did everything right and when we should have (or at least I think). My last period was 9/17, this month I ovulated on 10/10 and to date I haven't had a period but took a test today and it was negative. I hate that feeling! Oh and to top it off I found out last week I have another blood clot in my leg. Again was doing everything right, staying active, taking my blood thinners etc. It is still safe for me to try to conceive I just have to do injections of blood thinners every day. I know I have a lot going on but I want a baby so bad and I am really starting to worry something is wrong. Any advice?
December 17th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Knewton's Avatar Super Mommy
I've been ttc 5 months and I stopped ovulating so my dr is doing as testing and blood tests . At least it puts us at ease
February 1st, 2014, 03:59 AM
Veteran
Hi every1, TTC first cycle CD1( I hope I have all abb right lol) I can say from experience when I took meds an had charts etc it didn't work for us whenn ttc #2 it took 3yrs dr had no medical reason why we couldn't conceive...it literally happened when we stopped "trying"... I didn't even know I was pregos till I was 2 week late didn't even cross my mind as I had far too many BFN and lotsa tears to go with it. Saying that though I find myself still a little anxious now as we ttc now but finding this forum has been such a bonus for me I know it will be making this journey easier and even more special as I get to share in every1 special times
May 8th, 2014, 12:32 PM
when i first got married every body in my husband life love me but after five years they turn against me because i was unable to bear children and one faithful day i discover a testimony through the internet and now i am happy because the email address i found the man who owns it help me for good and now am eight months pregnant and i know i am going going to give birth because he told me that antelope give birth without losing a child; on facebook (Oduduwa Ajakaye) God did so that He will be glorified.

Tags
false positive , ttc 5 months

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search