Questionaire for recent BFP recipients

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree18Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **Helpful TTC Information** LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2013, 06:41 AM
AIK112018's Avatar Elizabeth
  1. What number are you TTC (First,second etc.)?
    our 4th, 5th known pregnancy.
  2. How many cycles of active TTC before you got this BFP?
  3. Did you temp, use OPKs, check CM, chart?
    I did all!
  4. Did you ovulate regularly?
    Yes
  5. What was your strategy? OR What did you do differently this cycle?OR what is the one thing or cobination of things that you think directly contributed to this BFP?
    This was a miracle! only DTD once after a +opk. Didnt really do anything different, but this was my first normal cycle after my m/c two months ago.
  6. Did you take a suplements, herbals? Special diet?
    I took folic acid...drank a lot of water.
  7. What did your DH do to 'help'?
    He went into the bedroom when it was time. lol!
  8. Any other words of wisdom for those who are TTC?
    Dont give up! And NEVER assume a evap is just an evap. I had 3 "evaps" (super faint line, barely seen to the naked eye, not sure if it had color) and then I go my BFP within 24 hours of them!
January 19th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What number are you TTC (First,second etc.)?
Third

How many cycles of active TTC before you got this BFP?
Too many to count, but 6 months obsessively trying.

Did you temp, use OPKs, check CM, chart?
OPKs initially, but have only been checking CM for months now.

Did you ovulate regularly?
Yes

What was your strategy? OR What did you do differently this cycle?OR what is the one thing or combination of things that you think directly contributed to this BFP?
I still don't know how this happened. DH and I hardly DTD during my peak fertility time...One thing I would like to mention is that I had been under a tremendous amount of stress in recent months, so towards the end of last year I went away for a month, and came back with a new attitude - kind of was like pushing a reset button on my life. Coincidence or not, I was a lot less frazzled this month.

Did you take a suplements, herbals? Special diet?
Prenatals, as I have been for months. Lemon water every morning, Mucinex for the 5 days leading up to O, whole fresh pineapple 1-6DPO.

What did your DH do to 'help'?
He agreed to keep his sensitive parts out of hot water for a change. Other than that, he DTD when I asked him to, for the most part anyway.

Any other words of wisdom for those who are TTC?
Don't give up - it will happen when you least expect it.
I agree with the above - don't assume an evap is an evap. I posted a pic of what I thought was an evap, and after testing with a FRER got a BFP.
January 20th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Second

5 cycles

Used opks only on cycle. temped and checked CM

Yes but my temp patterns indicated that I had a stronger ovulations on alternate(every other) month.

What was your strategy? OR What did you do differently this cycle?OR what is the one thing or combination of things that you think directly contributed to this BFP?

I think this is the first time we got the timing right. We BD'd on O-1, O and O+1. Also ate very healthy this cycle because I've been trying to get rid of some wierd hives I got since last month. I've been on an all vegetarian(milk & eggs included though) for 3 weeks now. We also DTD doggie style a couple of times which is very rare for us. Ate tons of pomegranet. Not sure if any of the abv contributed. But I was just trying to list stuff that was out of ordinary for us this time.

Prenatals, lacto-ovo-vegetarian for non TTC reasons very little caffiene

He tried to eat healthy. Stayed off hard alcohol for a while and DTD when I asked him to . Oh and he wore boxers instead of briefs.

Get the timing right. Make you sure you are Oing when you think you do, temp & use OPKs. I O'd on CD 12, and almost missed it as I thought I'd O on CD 14. Eat healthy. And I found that relaxing is not necessary I was obsessive!! Oh get this brand of ICs. No evaps. Very faint positive on CD 10! Clinical guard pregnancy tests. They are lucky. Good luck for a speedy and sticky BFP.

Second

5 cycles

Used opks only on cycle. temped and checked CM

Yes but my temp patterns indicated that I had a stronger ovulations on alternate(every other) month.

I think this is the first time we got the timing right. We BD'd on O-1, O and O+1. Also ate very healthy this cycle because I've been trying to get rid of some wierd hives I got since last month. I've been on an all vegetarian(milk & eggs included though) for 3 weeks now. We also DTD doggie style a couple of times which is very rare for us. Ate tons of pomegranet. Not sure if any of the abv contributed. But I was just trying to list stuff that was out of ordinary for us this time.

Prenatals, lacto-ovo-vegetarian for non TTC reasons very little caffiene

He tried to eat healthy. Stayed off hard alcohol for a while and DTD when I asked him to . Oh and he wore boxers instead of briefs.

Get the timing right. Make you sure you are Oing when you think you do, temp & use OPKs. I O'd on CD 12, and almost missed it as I thought I'd O on CD 14. Eat healthy. And I found that relaxing is not necessary I was obsessive!! Oh get this brand of ICs. No evaps. Very faint positive on CD 10! Clinical guard pregnancy tests. They are lucky. Good luck for a speedy and sticky BFP.

January 26th, 2013, 03:30 PM
karmaissotrue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to karmaissotrue Send a message via Yahoo to karmaissotrue
Second

1 st cycle

Didn't have time, I brought a digital ovulation thingy but never used it

Usually I do but my cycles were out of wack due to a chemical we had back in Nov. I ovulated later in my cycle this go round

What was your strategy? Honestly we DTD once, and we had planned on actively TTC at the end of Jan. I miscalculated my cycle and thought I wasn't in my fertile window when I really was

We were swaying for a hirl. No sodium & lots of calicum. I took folic acid 800mg, Cranberry pills 500mg, Magnesium 350mg, Calcium 500mg & Vit C 300mg

He also took supplements: Cranberry, Vit C, Magnesim & Calcium

Don't give up, I think when you stress less & allow your body to relax it helps your cycle. I wish I would have taken charge and known more about my cycle, however most of the ladies on this board are pros. Good luck ladies

THANKS SO MUCH KILIKI FOR THE WONDERFUL SIGGY
February 2nd, 2013, 04:21 AM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
What number are you TTC (First,second etc.)? #2

How many cycles of active TTC before you got this BFP? 1 cycle

Did you temp, use OPKs, check CM, chart?Used OPKs, checked CM

Did you ovulate regularly? Yes

What was your strategy? OR What did you do differently this cycle?OR what is the one thing or cobination of things that you think directly contributed to this BFP? Tracking CM, I'm lucky to have a body that DEFINITELY lets me know hen I'm gearing up to O.

Did you take a suplements, herbals? Special diet? Started taking folic acid and cut out a lot of processed food.

What did your DH do to 'help'? Warm standing showers before BD, and BD on command!

Any other words of wisdom for those who are TTC? Get to know your body signals and CM!
February 2nd, 2013, 11:41 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
What number are you TTC (First,second etc.)? 3rd

How many cycles of active TTC before you got this BFP? 18

Did you temp, use OPKs, check CM, chart? all of the above

Did you ovulate regularly? yes

What was your strategy? OR What did you do differently this cycle?OR what is the one thing or cobination of things that you think directly contributed to this BFP?
-Switched to Femara instead of clomid
- BD'd the night before the IUI where as normally we abstain for 72hr

- Femara
-Decaf White ice tea
-Vit C, D, zinc, prenatal
-preseed

TONS! From 4 SAs to taking in TONS of vitamins and herbs to giving up caffeine to drinking more water, and more

Knowledge is power! Chart!
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

May 18th, 2013, 04:52 AM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
What number are you TTC (First,second etc.)? 2
How many cycles of active TTC before you got this BFP? This is cycle 3
Did you temp, use OPKs, check CM, chart? I tried checking CM but it confused me, I did OPK, temp, and chart.
Did you ovulate regularly? My cycles were irregular
What was your strategy? OR What did you do differently this cycle?OR what is the one thing or combination of things that you think directly contributed to this BFP? With my first cycle being 39 days, I started Soy Isoflavones on cycle 2 to help me to ovulate sooner. (Yes I was impatient, I don't recommend soy if your cycles are regular) I ovulated 10 days sooner, so I increased the dosage for cycle 3 and added a small dosage of B complex to extend my luteal phase (Which was 8 days cycle 1, and 9 days for cycle 2)
Did you take a supplements, herbals? Special diet? Soy Isoflavones, and B complex to extend my luteal phase
What did your DH do to 'help'? He was there when I needed him.
Any other words of wisdom for those who are TTC? Remember that you are not alone in this, and the ladies on this board are absolutely amazing. They will be there with you through the whole process, when you are tired, frustrated, excited, and anxious, they will be there. I also highly recommend temping above all else. Its the only way to know for sure what is going on with your body.

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search