Questionaire for recent BFP recipients

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree18Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **Helpful TTC Information** LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 28th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi all, I wanted to make this questionaire for ladies who got their BFPs recently. We can also make this a sticky (Admins? is this okay?) and as we get our BFPs we can all fill this out so that it can help those who are TTC.
  1. What number are you TTC (First,second etc.)?
  2. How many cycles of active TTC before you got this BFP?
  3. Did you temp, use OPKs, check CM, chart?
  4. Did you ovulate regularly?
  5. What was your strategy? OR What did you do differently this cycle?OR what is the one thing or cobination of things that you think directly contributed to this BFP?
  6. Did you take a suplements, herbals? Special diet?
  7. What did your DH do to 'help'?
  8. Any other words of wisdom for those who are TTC?

December 28th, 2012, 12:16 PM
teeny0518's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like this idea! I still scour boards for this kind of information from other ladies who got a BFP. It will be nice to have it centralized!
  1. What number are you TTC (First,second etc.)?
    This is our first
  2. How many cycles of active TTC before you got this BFP?
    6 cycles off birth control, but we were *sort of* avoiding, actively TTC for two cycles before we got our BFP
  3. Did you temp, use OPKs, check CM, chart?
    All of the above
  4. Did you ovulate regularly?
    It took my body a good 4-5 months to regulate after BCP. I had a couple annovulatory cycles, but pretty regularly ovulated around day 25-30 for the first 6 months. Then my cycles started getting shorter and I starting Oing around day 19-21.
  5. What was your strategy? OR What did you do differently this cycle?OR what is the one thing or cobination of things that you think directly contributed to this BFP?
    Last cycle I Oed so early that we didnt have much time to DTD prior. We ended up catching the day prior and the day of O. The cycle we got our BFP we DTD many days prior and everyday. I think we ended up doing -5, -4,-2,-1, and O day! Quantity over quality lol.
  6. Did you take a suplements, herbals? Special diet?
    This was the first cycle I tried Evening Primrose because I dont get much EWCM. It definitely helped as I saw a day or two of EWCM and GREATLY increased the quantity of watery CM at O time.
  7. What did your DH do to 'help'?
    Stepped up to the place every day! Ha!
  8. Any other words of wisdom for those who are TTC?
    We were unbelievably fortunate to not have to try very long. I know there are women who try for years and years and I cannot imagine how hard that must be. So I dont know that I can really give advice other than to be in tuned with your body. The fact that I charted BBT, CM, CP, etc and used OPKs made me feel in control and doing all I could do. So if anything, it helped me mentally.

Good luck ladies!!

December 28th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow Thanks so much! What brand of EPO and how much how often did you take?

December 28th, 2012, 01:34 PM
MamaLemonade's Avatar ~~Whitney~~
Request is in...
Anitha likes this.
Mommy to:C(5), M(4), T(1), awaiting #4
Married to my <3 since 8/09

December 28th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
1.What number are you TTC (First,second etc.)? #5
2.How many cycles of active TTC before you got this BFP? 3rd cycle after loss 7th cycle with the one i lost
3.Did you temp, use OPKs, check CM, chart? ALL of them
4.Did you ovulate regularly? yes
5.What was your strategy? OR What did you do differently this cycle?OR what is the one thing or cobination of things that you think directly contributed to this BFP? I ate pineapple core 1-5DPO
6.Did you take a suplements, herbals? Special diet? no
7.What did your DH do to 'help'? The cycle i got pregnant i told him i was ovulating, usually i dont tell him when
8.Any other words of wisdom for those who are TTC? Never give up, when the time is right it will happen. Just have faith in God and he wont let you down
Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013

Last edited by Diamond2009; January 21st, 2013 at 03:19 PM.
December 28th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Honestlymonique's Avatar mommy of three
What number are you TTC (First,second etc.)?
#4 (3rd resulted in a m/c in Oct)

How many cycles of active TTC before you got this BFP?

Did you temp, use OPKs, check CM, chart?
i used none of these. i just used an app on my phone that tracked af n ovulation

Did you ovulate regularly?
yes

What was your strategy? OR What did you do differently this cycle?OR what is the one thing or cobination of things that you think directly contributed to this BFP?
we just bd every other day, and if we were in the mood a couple times that day. the most important thing was for me to relax and not stress about the process

Did you take a suplements, herbals? Special diet?
nope lol

What did your DH do to 'help'?
he stayed away from sit down baths.

Any other words of wisdom for those who are TTC?
i say relax(which i know can be hard to do espically if you been ttc for a while), its a trying process and you can get wrapped up in the stress of it all. i hope you all get your bfp

Last edited by Honestlymonique; December 28th, 2012 at 02:06 PM.
December 29th, 2012, 06:59 AM
teeny0518's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitha View Post
Wow Thanks so much! What brand of EPO and how much how often did you take?
I think it was called Nature's Bounty or something? Any brand should work! I did 1000 mg tablets - 2 in the morning and 1 at night. I think you are supposed to do 2000-3000 a day. You can ONLY take them up until O though because they can cause uterine contractions/early miscarriage risk.

December 29th, 2012, 07:16 AM
KeLLiC09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
2nd

2 cycles

I did all of that.

The first time, I didn't O. The 2nd time, yes.

What was your strategy? OR What did you do differently this cycle? OR what is the one thing or combination of things that you think directly contributed to this BFP?
When I knew I was gearing up to O, we had sex every day.

Did you take a supplements, herbals? Special diet?
Nope

He was ready when he was needed lol

Don't give up! It took me 5 years to get pregnant with my first and I honestly never thought I'd get pregnant again.
and Mason Jacob born 08.12.13

December 29th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

[*]What number were you TTC (First,second etc.)? 3rd
[*]How many cycles of active TTC before you got this BFP? 3, I was on my 4th I think
[*]Did you temp, use OPKs, check CM, chart? I temped & charted, used OPKs, checked CM.
[*]Did you ovulate regularly?
Yes
[*]What was your strategy? OR What did you do differently this cycle?OR what is the one thing or cobination of things that you think directly contributed to this BFP?

Well I had a chemical the cycle before. I think the more I learned to temp and chart accurately the better my chances improved,Timing dtd, using fertility friend.
Also I decided to relax as much as possible, stayed offline for long periods of time, etc. Seemed to help.
[*]Did you take a suplements, herbals? Special diet?
Nope
[*]What did your DH do to 'help'?
Nothing really lol
[*]Any other words of wisdom for those who are TTC?
I don't really have any words of wisdom. Just want to wish everyone the best of luck this year.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!

Last edited by Dandelion; December 29th, 2012 at 08:42 PM. Reason: added my chart
December 29th, 2012, 11:47 AM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1.What number are you TTC (First,second etc.)? #2

2.How many cycles of active TTC before you got this BFP? 2nd cycle when we first started (loss at 7 weeks), then 6-7 months with a wonky pregnancy with D&C at 9 weeks, for this pregnancy now it was our 3rd cycle. First cycle we prevented, 2nd was NTNP, 3rd cycle was a Clomid cycle that I had been waiting to do for awhile

3.Did you temp, use OPKs, check CM, chart? yes to all

4.Did you ovulate regularly? In the beginning of trying yes, after first m/c no. Ovulation on a specific cycle varied widely and sometimes I didn't at all

5.What was your strategy? OR What did you do differently this cycle?OR what is the one thing or cobination of things that you think directly contributed to this BFP? Going to have to say it was the Clomid for me.

6.Did you take a suplements, herbals? Special diet?Just prenatals, fish oil and extra folic acid. As for diet, just tried to eat more healthy in general and had few alcoholic beverages.

7.What did your DH do to 'help'? I told him that if I was taking Clomid that BD'ed every other day within my fertile period was a must

8.Any other words of wisdom for those who are TTC? hang in there! It's all worth it in the end
-Brandy- likes this.

Oct '11 June '12
December 29th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Mommy of 3
What number are you TTC (First,second etc.)? #3

How many cycles of active TTC before you got this BFP? 4 cycles

Did you temp, use OPKs, check CM, chart? Yep to all

Did you ovulate regularly? Yes

What was your strategy? OR What did you do differently this cycle?OR what is the one thing or cobination of things that you think directly contributed to this BFP?
Did the deed more around ovulation, and ate pineapple, including the core, from 1dpo to 5dpo

Did you take a suplements, herbals? Special diet? Just prenatal vitamins

What did your DH do to 'help'? Baby danced

Any other words of wisdom for those who are TTC? Just try to relax. Fingers crossed for you all!!

December 29th, 2012, 07:08 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

fourth

5? it was after 4 1/2 years of NTNP

all

yes. i had a short LP, but pregnancy prep fixed that.

What was your strategy? OR What did you do differently this cycle?OR what is the one thing or combination of things that you think directly contributed to this BFP?

i think pregnancy prep helped. i just dtd every day from cd7 through O.

Did you take a suplements, herbals? Special diet?

pregnancy prep

lay there

it's not easy, but it's worth it
December 29th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
Anyone have links to charts? Can we add that to the OP? I like seeing charts from people "I know" that got BFP instead of random FF ones...
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

December 29th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy S. View Post
Anyone have links to charts? Can we add that to the OP? I like seeing charts from people "I know" that got BFP instead of random FF ones...
I added mine to my post for you. hope you are doing well! The chart stalkers thread still has our charts in it.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
December 29th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
doh! I forgot about that thread!!
Thank you!!!
December 29th, 2012, 08:56 PM
No problem!

{ chemical 10/26/12}
January 4th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Can I just say how much I love this thread.
I am so happy for all of you and that your pregnancy are going well! Can't wait to see pictures of the beautiful little babies you bring into this world.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
January 8th, 2013, 01:15 AM
captivate's Avatar Sticky thoughts please...
What number are you TTC (First,second etc.)? 2nd child, 7th known pregnancy

How many cycles of active TTC before you got this BFP? 6

Did you temp, use OPKs, check CM, chart? I did temp, use OPK and chart CM and CP.

Did you ovulate regularly? I ovulated every month yes but due to stress I did not ovulate the same time every month.

What was your strategy? OR What did you do differently this cycle?OR what is the one thing or cobination of things that you think directly contributed to this BFP? I didnt care that cycle as I needed a break.

Did you take a suplements, herbals? Special diet? EPO, Vit D and pre natals, thats it.

What did your DH do to 'help'? Started going commando.

Any other words of wisdom for those who are TTC? The road is long but its worth it in the end. x

I have 2 miracles on earth and 5 angels in heaven

January 8th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thank you so much ladies for sharing all of this!! I am soaking up all this information!! We are DTD everyday during my O window this cycle. Will be trying EPO and pineapple core 1-5dpo next cycle if this one is a bust

January 8th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Allie_SMg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What number are you TTC (First,second etc.)? - Both of our first.

How many cycles of active TTC before you got this BFP? - 13, I believe, though it was a bit longer.

Did you temp, use OPKs, check CM, chart? - I checked CM, CP, used opk's, and towards the last few months, I charted. I tried to temp, but my job had me getting up and going to bed at different times, so it wasn't feasible.

Did you ovulate regularly? - As far as I know, but different days. It fluctuated from CD16-21 all together. Usually 18-20.

What was your strategy? OR What did you do differently this cycle?OR what is the one thing or combination of things that you think directly contributed to this BFP? - Honestly, it was just dumb luck. We only had sex once and I ovulated WAY late this time, at like CD 33 or 34. I honestly think getting a pap helped, because TMI, but after it was over, I had light light spotting and little chunks of hard, dried CM came out of my cervix. o_o To think something like that could have been obstructing my cervix, it could have been a week it could have been the freaking year. It wasn't bothersome because they were small, but that could have been the issue, since we conceived not that cycle, but the following cycle. It just seems weird. :S

Did you take a supplements, herbals? Special diet? - At first I was all about supplements and cutting down on caffeine and alcohol, but after about 5-6 months I was basically like "screw it, I can't change my life so much for something that's not happening", so I only on and off tried certain supplements/herbs, but didn't take them regularly anymore. I tried things like EPO and yam root for a cycle, I think in September. I tried to cut down on caffeine, but not by a ton. lol

What did your DH do to 'help'? - He quit smoking, but still drank TONS of caffeine. Like TONS. lol Though I didn't really encourage him to stop. Why should he change his life so much too if I wasn't anymore?

Any other words of wisdom for those who are TTC? - Don't give up, ladies! I know it's stressful and depressing and sometimes you feel like it really will never happen, but it can! :hugL

Last edited by Allie_SMg; January 8th, 2013 at 07:35 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search