Brayden's Birth Story 4/20/12

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Neverland's Newest Arrivals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2012, 05:43 PM
ElizabethS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is Brayden Robert's birth story =).

Around 3:30pm, I started feeling contractions again. I laid around, drank water, took a warm shower, and they kept up. Every 3-4 minutes, which wasn't unusual. They started to hurt though down into my legs with every contraction I'd get a sharp pain on the inside right thigh. By 5:45pm I figured I'd better go get checked.

I got to L&D around 6:10pm. They checked me and I was 5cm. They didn't even hook me up to the monitors in triage, they just called my dr and admitted me. They did my IV, took my blood, got my bracelets, had me fill out paperwork. The doctor came in around 8:15 and checked me and said I was 5-6cm and wanted to break my water. At this point I had decided (since I was in so much pain), that I wanted an epidural so I sort of panicked and told him not to touch me . I wanted my epidural first! The last time they broke my water I lasted only 20 minutes before I gave birth and I had gone from 6cm to 10cm that quickly.

The reasons I chose the epidural was my last labor was super frantic, panicked, and not at all pleasant. So I caved. I was going to do IV drugs but when the nurse said that it would affect the baby way more than epidural, I chose the epidural. I was sort of scared of the epi but DH held my from the front and they got it in and it barely hurt at all.

Let me tell you, I am so glad I got it! The doctor came back in at 9:20pm and broke my water and within 10 minutes I was at 7cm. By 10:35pm I was ready to push. I told the nurse that I felt a lot of pressure and I was feeling the contractions (not painful but could feel them by this point). Brayden's head was right there. They rushed around and got the doctor and everything ready for baby. I started pushing, and within 5 minutes his head was out. I literally was laughing and talking between pushes and DH kept saying "This is such a different scenario than last time" like he was in awe that I could be in good spirits and smiling during all this lol! They kept telling me to breathe really deeply between contractions (I later found out because Brayden's heart rate was dipping a bit and concerning them a little). Another 5 minutes and his shoulders and the rest of him was delivered, practically pain free!

Brayden Robert entered this world at 10:44pm at 7lbs 9oz and 20 3/4" long. I later found out the cord was wrapped once around his neck (loosely!). I did tear a bit but only a 1st degree tear so I got a few stitches. I wasn't even aware I was getting stitched up because I was so focused on my baby boy.

Here is my sunshine =)

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Adrianna Elise due September 19th 2014

Stepmom to two (2006, and 2009).

April 26th, 2012, 05:48 PM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
Im glad he finally stopped teasing you! And Im glad you were happy with your experience.

April 26th, 2012, 06:28 PM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am loving these birth stories! we already have so much variety. and he is adorable . glad he is here and healthy finally for you.

April 27th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Great story! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
April 27th, 2012, 09:29 PM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Love the birth story! I read it yesterday but totally spaced on commenting.
April 30th, 2012, 04:58 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
What a great story

CONGRATS!!!!

http://lindseysphotography.com/
April 30th, 2012, 06:37 AM
mamaleddie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww!! He is just precious..I wish my epidural worked that good, lol..
Toni-Ann~10
Sicily Rae~7
Yasmine Joanne~5
Aaron Michael Junior~ONE!!!! Adalyn Marie-Morrison has arrived! 11/25/2013! 34 weeks..doing well!
May 11th, 2012, 10:31 AM
alilangel7's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a great story! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search