Hudson Lee...successful VBAC : )

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By mysticalgal28

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Neverland's Newest Arrivals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2012, 08:47 PM
mysticalgal28's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
To start off... we got hit with a MAJOR snow storm Sunday night. Over a foot of snow...schools were canceled (first time this year) power was out most of the day... so I didn't go to work. They didn't have power anyways... so I spend the day with Braylon and Harrison. My dad was off the next day (tuesday) so he asked if the boys could spend the night. I said that was fine. So I was laying on the couch relaxing (Kevin was at work 2nd shift) and my aunt called me joking around asking me if I was in labor yet because of the storm... we laughed about it. After getting off the phone, it got me thinking how little the baby had moved that day... so I laid still about 15 minutes and didn't feel anything.... stood up and GUSH... first thought was that I peed myself lol

So I went in the bathroom to pee... stood up and GUSH again. I knew it was my water. I called my dad, when he answered he was joking saying"what are you doing calling me we are watching a family movie" I laughed and said well my water just broke!!!! He said he would get my aunt to watch the boys... call mom to get off of work early and drive us to the hosipital and just to call Kevin and tell him it is time. It was 9:15 pm.

I wasn't feeling any contractions or feeling baby move. So we finally got to the hospital at like 10:30 ... registered and Kevin was there within a couple minutes. Got me all ready in bed, and checked me and the first test to see if it was my water was inexclusive. So there were down there doing a swab and GUSH again lol.. so they put another test strip there and it turned right away lol... so next step was to get a IV in because i tested + for strep. It took them 9 times to FINALLY get the IV in, it was terriable. I am now covered in black and blue marks, I figured I was dehydrated I was checked and was only at 1cm

I was getting small contrations, but was able to sleep a little bit. At 6am my dr came in and checked me and I was only 1cm still, so he wanted to start me on pitocin. Slowly for the next 6 hours, contractions started picking up. I had to get a enternal heartrate monitor for the baby, because we kept loosing it everytime I moved. This helped alot because I was able to stand and rock or sit in a rocking chair, but I couldn't leave the room because of the IV. By 12:30 they were getting quite painful, but I was able to breath through them. I was only 2-3cm then. By 2pm I was getting contrations that were 2minutes apart and lasting at least a minute. So I really wasn't getting a break, I was still trying to be stron and breath through them. Keivn was rubbing my back during and it really helped ALOT. I never screamed... even though I wanted to, but the lady the night before was CRAZY moaning and screaming. Finally at 2:30 I was 4-5cm and able to get the epi!!!! Epidurals are awesome!!!! I fell right asleep and next thing I knew it was 4:30 and they checked me and I was COMPLETE!!!!

My Dr was actually in there before the nurses and got me all ready in the bed... he was then yelling PUSH PUSH PUSH PUSH oh yeah here he comes, just to mess with the nurses lol... they did come running it. It was quite funny (because my parents could hear it the whole way in the waiting area)... anyways I started pushing around 4:50 and my Dr was amazing!!!! He yelled at me the whole time, said I stunk at pushing, that I was pathetic...hahahaha... I serioulsy laughed the whole time. I had a slight cough so he tried to even get me to cough the baby out. When I first started pushing I something splattered everywhere (found out I peed on everyone, including the dr, which all the nurses told me afterwards it was hilarious) anyways, while being telled I stunk at pushing even though I couldn't feel a thing, finally he says that the head was right there, I could feel it!!! It was amazing!!!! Then with the next contration I could feel him coming out!!!! He looked so tiny!!!! I guessed 6lbs 10ozs and I was exactly right!!!! Attention was quickly focused on me, since I was a VBAC, i was bleeding ALOT and dr was afraid I had a puncture. They had to manually massage me to pass the afterbirth... and the bleeding subsided alot and found out I had no rupture!!!! SUCCESSFUL VBAC!!!!! Hudson Lee was born at 4:58pm and was 19 3/4 inches long!!!!

2 hours later I was able to get out of bed and use the bathroom. I was then able to go to my own room. And within a hour I had to go #2. I coudn't believe it and it didn't hurt!!!! I didn't tear at all!!!! The next 2 days were pretty uneventful in the hospital. We were being released Thursday and got to have our hospital dinner for lunch.. Surf and Turf... Fillet Migeon and Lobster tail... it was DELISH!!!!!!

Harrison HATES the baby but Braylon LOVES him... thank god for family because I have gotten a huge break, with helping with the older boys. I have aboustley NO pain at all, I feel like I didn't even give birth!!!!!

Sorry this was so long !!!! Thanks for reading!!!
Jennmarie, Mamma J and PIP like this.
April 30th, 2012, 05:07 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
WOW no pain at all... that's my kind of birth story

What a great birth story. CONGRATS!!!!

http://lindseysphotography.com/
April 30th, 2012, 05:34 AM
mamaleddie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's so wonderful you got your vbac!!! Great birth story, enjoy your little sweetheart!
Toni-Ann~10
Sicily Rae~7
Yasmine Joanne~5
Aaron Michael Junior~ONE!!!! Adalyn Marie-Morrison has arrived! 11/25/2013! 34 weeks..doing well!
April 30th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations on your VBAC and what a great story!!! Congratulations again!!!!

April 30th, 2012, 05:29 PM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your VBAC!! Great story! I'm super jealous that it didn't hurt to poop.
May 1st, 2012, 12:01 PM
LindseyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LindseyB
congrats on your vbac!!

[

FOLLOW ME @ http://www.sweetnsourmom.blogspot.com
May 1st, 2012, 01:48 PM
Mamma J's Avatar Proud Navy Wife & SAHM
What an awesome birth story!!! Glad everything worked out for you and you were able to have a VBAC

May 1st, 2012, 06:56 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats darlin! What a great story!
May 5th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Great birth story and I'm so glad you got your VBAC!

May 9th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Fab-Brunette's Avatar Veteran
Congrats on the successful VBAC! That's amazing
May 11th, 2012, 12:32 PM
alilangel7's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How awesome that you were able to have a successful VBAC! Congrats!

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search