Cole Bradley's birth story :)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Neverland's Newest Arrivals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2012, 12:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
After 41 long days in the hospital for pre-term labor and frequent syncopal episodes, I hit the milestone of 37 weeks! I never thought I would make it that far with all my complications so I was very proud and happy. My amazing perinatologist performed a lung amnio in the morning, which came back very quickly saying that baby Cole's lungs were mature. He decided he wanted to induce that very night because it was safer for both baby and I for him to be born. I couldn't believe the day had finally come. After so many days in the hospital, I had become so used to bad and frustrating news that I didn't know what to do with the good news. So I cried. I called Nick and cried some more. He let his work know and left early to pick up Chase from school so he could come see me before everything was started.

Before I knew it I was down at L&D getting cervadil. Nothing too dramatic happened with the cervadil besides a little effacement, and I actually got a decent 8 hour sleep in :0 In the morning we started the Pitocin and my contractions started almost immediately. The first time I was checked I was still at 4cm (but had been that way for weeks) but my cervix had shortened a bit. The contractions started coming faster and more furiously, but I could still handle them. I got up to go to the bathroom and blood started trickling out of me, which was completely normal but still freaked me out a little. I was checked and she said I was 6cm and my bag of water was "hanging on for dear life" and if I was planning on getting an epi I should ask for it now because things could go very fast. So I opted for the epidural and I'm glad I did. The anesthesiologist took about 30 minutes to get to me (it was a busy day/night- 22 babies were born!!!!!!) and by the time he came I was in a lot of pain. Relief came almost immediately and my nurse urged Nick and I to try to get a nap in, and we actually succeeded!

I was abruptly woken up to a POP then a gush. My water had broken!! I threw a pillow at Nick to wake him up and we called the nurse in. She confirmed that my water broke and I was still a 6. My nurse could tell we were antsy so she pulled up a chair and just started chatting with us. We talked about our kids, vacations, favorite bands, pretty much everything lol. Then she casually looked at her watch and said, "oh, I should check you." She reached over to check me and I could immediately tell something was up because she didn't even need to put her hand in. She called out, "Oh! We're having a baby!" She rushed out of the room and I could hear her make a frantic call to my ob. All of a sudden I started shaking violently and felt like I was going to get sick. I didn't know if it was nerves or my body's way of getting ready, but I felt so out of control. I told my nurse that I felt like I was going to get sick and she got me a baggie and started throwing up. She held my legs together while I was throwing up so Cole wouldn't come out, he was that close!!!!

Meanwhile, I could hear them paging my ob throughout the hospital. Word got back that he was delivering a 31 weeker and would be there as soon as he could. My nurse reassured me that she could deliver him if she had to and that everything would be fine. Another nurse came in and got everything ready while my nurse held my legs closed and watched the monitor very closely to make sure Cole wasn't stressed. Nope, he was a happy camper the whole time, even with his double nuchal. I felt him inching out of me with every contraction and thought he was just going to fall out on his own when my OB came in, took position, and told me to push. First push, out came his head, second push, out came the rest of him and my baby was in my arms on my chest. All of this from when my OB came in to when I was holding Cole was 6 minutes!!!!

DH cut the cord and looked at me, crying, and said, "he looks like Chase" and we both were laughing and crying. Cole spent a good 20 minutes on me before my nurse took him to check his blood sugar and get all of his vitals and stats. He passed everything with flying colors. He weighed 7lbs 11oz and was 20 inches long, born at 4:20 on April 27th. Here is his very first picture:

My OB gathered all of his cord blood banking stuff and gave us big hugs before rushing off to another delivery. He was a bit misty eyed as well. This pregnancy was sooo hard and he had been there through it all. I am so thankful for him and my L&D nurse, she was awesome.

Cole and I continued to do great and were discharged the very next day, 4/28, my birthday. What an awesome birthday present! Here are some going home pictures:

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!

Last edited by Beachbabies; May 2nd, 2012 at 05:16 PM.
May 2nd, 2012, 12:49 PM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Such a beautiful story!

I'm so jealous of all you mommies who pushed like 3 times and the baby came out.
May 2nd, 2012, 05:42 PM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
soo sweet! Im so glad everything worked out for you guys I was thinking of you all the time. It's amazing how much us and these babies can go through!

May 3rd, 2012, 10:14 AM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
beautiful story!! I'm so glad all of the craziness and trouble you had to go through had such a sweet ending!!

May 11th, 2012, 12:11 PM
alilangel7's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a great story with such a happy ending!

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my beautiful siggy!

May 12th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks so much ladies. I just read over my birth story again and teared up a little. It already seems like so long ago and that Cole has always been here with us. He makes our family complete

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search