Alexa Grey, May 3, natural 1 hour hospital birth :0

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Neverland's Newest Arrivals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2012, 12:28 PM
StephL's Avatar Veteran
Wednesday I was having regular and painful (but not stop-in-your-tracks) contractions for about 5 hours so we had gone in to L&D only to be sent home. The next day, May 3, my due date, rolled around and I was feeling absolutely normal, not a hint of oncoming labour. We went for a small walk to the mailbox, ate dinner, and then I took our 3 year old DD upstairs for a bath at 8:30pm. I went to the bathroom and felt a loud POP from my belly but did not see a gush of fluid...there was pink show on the tp. I felt a little bit of indigestion, so I called DH upstairs to finish getting DD into bed when I started having strong contractions. They were 7 min apart so I figured we had some time, and I didn't want to falsely go in to L&D again.

About 30 minutes later I started having very loose bowels and the contractions were getting stronger so I told DH at around 10pm that I wanted to go to the hospital. He was reluctant as I had only been contracting for just over an hour, and they were showing up on my contraction app as 7 minutes apart, but then I started throwing up and he got into gear pretty quick. We woke up DD, got her into the car and I somehow managed to stop throwing up long enough to get buckled in as well. We dropped DD off at a friend's house and were at the hospital at about 11pm. Walking was excruciating and it felt like the contractions were constant. I was checked in triage at 11:20 and was 5 cm. I was moaning like a crazy person, and they got me into a delivery room by 11:40. The pressure to push was so strong, but I was terrified to tell anyone because it felt like it was happening too fast. I was checked again and was 9cm. At 11.45 I screamed to the nurse that I had to push, and they paged the doctor who came in immediately. I was in so much pain that I couldn't even spread my legs, the doctor and nurse had to pull them apart. I heard them say to DH to look at the baby's head coming out. Within 7 minutes I was holding my little girl! No stitches and no tears (yahoo!), Alexa Grey was born at 11:53pm, weighed 6lbs 15oz, 20.5 inches long and is just perfect. She slept like a champ all night, waking to eat and then settling immediately. I was discharged from the hospital within 12 hours, and happy to be home with my family!

All in, I was in labour for 3 hours and at the hospital for just 1 before she was born. I am very happy DH listened to me and took me in when he did, had I waited for contractions to be closer I would never have made it!

May 6th, 2012, 04:47 PM
imdawn's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow! What a great labor and delivery! Can't beat 3 hours, a couple pushes, and a healthy baby! Congratulations on your beautiful girl!

May 6th, 2012, 06:53 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a great story! Congrats!
May 6th, 2012, 07:50 PM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
wow what a close call! Glad you had such a good experience. I love the picture of the sisters. Both girls are beautiful, good work momma!

May 7th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations mom, that's an awesome story!!!

May 9th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Fab-Brunette's Avatar Veteran
Oh my goodness, that picture of your daughter holding Alexa is so darling!
May 11th, 2012, 12:25 PM
alilangel7's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! You had my dream labor - minus the throwing up and loose bowels! So glad you made it on time!

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my beautiful siggy!

May 11th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!! Great birth story!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search