Kaleb Allen's Birth 5/9/12

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Neverland's Newest Arrivals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 12th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Karine119's Avatar SAHM of 3 Drama Queens!
Send a message via AIM to Karine119 Send a message via MSN to Karine119 Send a message via Yahoo to Karine119
I was scheduled for a repeat c/s on 5/9 at 8:30am. I woke up at 4am to some cramping and mild contractions, but went about getting ready as normal to arrive at L&D by 6:30am as planned. By the time we left the house contractions were coming every 1-3 minutes, but nothing more than some cramping behind them. I got setup in recovery and went over how everything would go for my c/s and by 7am my contractions were really picking up, but held steady after that.

My MW and OB discussed my options, they said if I wanted to try and labor I could, but being that in nearly 2 hours my contractions had not changed much they were uncertain if it was actual labor or just stress of knowing I would be delivering soon. I tried to get my OB to check me just to see if they were doing anything to my cervix, but she told me no that she wanted to avoid contamination if I was still going through with the c/s.

At 8am I walked back to the OR and it took 2 tries to get my spinal in and I was in tears because he kept hitting a nerve or something in the first try. Finally DH was by my side again and we were ready to start. It took a lot longer than I expected to get him out, but finally I heard him cry and continue to cry lol Kaleb was born at 9:05am, 7lbs 12oz and 20 3/4 long. He scored 9 on his apgar and just continued to cry all the way from being born, getting his stats, cuddling with me and heading to the nursery.

After my delivery the OB came in and told me that it took so long because I had a very large hematoma across my previous incisions they had to remove before getting to my uterus. She is not certain how long it had been there, but it was pretty large and thick from what I remember her saying.

May 13th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! He is beautiful!!

May 13th, 2012, 12:37 PM
alilangel7's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! Love his full lips!

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search