Cody Andrew's Birth Story(long story)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Neverland's Newest Arrivals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2012, 08:31 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
I am not good at writting things out but here we go.

I was supposed to have a c-section on Tuesday May 15th because Cody was breached. I woke up Sunday May 13th to spotting. I yelled for Dh and showed him the toliet paper. We called my ob and she said to come right in to get checked out. We dropped everything and finished getting dressed and drove the hour and half to the hospital. I couldn't stop crying. I was so scared that something was wrong. Although we just had a NST on Saturday and everything looked good with Cody. My blood pressure was high but they sent me home on bed rest and told me I wasn't allowed to do anything. We got to the hospital and checked in. When we got up to the maternity floor they hooked me up to the montior. At first the nurse was having problems finding Cody's heartbeat. Dh and I were both starting to get worried at this point. Finally the nurse found his heartbeat. There is no greater sound then hearing that heartbeat after a scare. Cody had a great heartbeat. The nurse said my doctor was on the way in and she also scheduled a ultrasound to make sure everything was ok.

My doctor came in and she did a internal exam and said everything looked good. I wasn't dilated which wasn't a shock since Coody has been breached. She found the source of my spotting. I had a real bad yeast infection I didn't know I had. She said everything inside was raw from the yeast infection. She still wanted to send me down for the ultrasound to make sure Cody looked good.

My doctor left and they took me down for the ultrasound. I kept asking the ultrasound tech if everything looked good. She said everything looked good. She also said Cody had hair. You could see his hair on the screen. Then she kept asking me about my fluid level with the past ultrasounds. I told her the last ultrasound I had they said my fluid level was normal. She kept measuring my fluid and I kept asking her if everything was ok. She finally said I had a lot of fluid. They sent me back upstairs after my ultrasound. My doctor came back in after I got back up stairs and to our surprise Cody was head down. My ob said she was worried about my fluid level. She said I had way to much fluid. She asked how we felt about having Cody tomorrow. I said yes I am ready. She wanted to start inducing me since he was head down and the fulid level. She inserted a foley bulb. It took her 3 times to get the foley bulb in. Since I wasn't dliated at all she had a hard time getting it in. I will say one thing about this it hurt like -----. She finally got inserted and they watched Cody for 30 minutes to make sure he was going to take the foley bulb ok. They sent me home after that. They told me to come back Monday morning at 5 am to continue the induction.

Dh and I left the hospital and came home. I was having some pain but not that bad so we just stayed home and relaxed. I finished packing my bag and Cody's bag. We went to bed around 9pm since we had to get up so early to be back at the hospital. Around 11 pm the contractions were really coming. They were coming about every 3 minutes. We headed back to the hospital. Once we got back to the hospital the first thing my Ob wanted done was a ultrasound to see if Cody was still head down. Cody flipped again and breach again. With all the fluid he was able to do what he wanted. They got the foley bulb out and gave me something for pain. They meds they gave me for pain knocked me out for rest of the night.

On Monday morning everything went from being calm to a rush. They talked about doing my c-section around noon. Although the foley bulb put me in labor. Things went to a rush to get everything ready for my c-section around 8 am. They wheeled me back around 9 am. Everything was a rush in the OR room. I was beginning to think Dh wasn't going to make it in the room on time. I kept asking where was Dh and finally he walked through the door. Cody was born at 9:28 am. They asked DH if he would like to see his son being born. He stood up so he could see them pull Cody out. I was scared at first because Cody wasn't crying. I kept asking if he was ok. Everyone kept telling me he was ok. Finally you could hear him cry and they wheeled him where I could see him while they checked him out.

Cody weighed 8 lbs and 10 oz.
June 4th, 2012, 05:47 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dreams do come true!! xoxoxo

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

June 4th, 2012, 07:57 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
so glad that your beautiful baby made it here safely
June 4th, 2012, 10:21 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
I am so happy he made it safely

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
June 5th, 2012, 12:30 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
What a relief to have that little boy in your arms! I'm so incredibly happy for you! Congratulations!

June 5th, 2012, 08:34 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Stacey I'm so glad he is here safe & sound. He is absolutely precious!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

June 5th, 2012, 08:49 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats and welcome Cody!!

That sucks about the undiagnosed yeast infection -- ouch!! I hope it clears up quickly so you don't have to deal with that on top of the normal healing.

June 6th, 2012, 01:43 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
Congrats Stacey!
June 6th, 2012, 07:12 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
So glad he's safely here! Congrats!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search