Jackson's birth story (scheduled c-section)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Neverland's Newest Arrivals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 9th, 2012, 03:36 PM
~Always~Hoping~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jackson had been breech since about 32 weeks but we just thought he would turn like they kept saying he would. We went in again for a scan at 38 weeks and he was still breech (frank breech) and looked very comfy, like he was in no hurry to turn! The ultrasound tech took a few pics and then sent the report off to my OB. The plan was to try a version to turn him but when my OB called he said my fluid levels were not ideal and it was not safe to try and turn him without the right amout of fluid.

We scheduled a c-seciton for Monday, May 7th. That morning I felt really calm, yet excited to meet this little guy! Once we arrived they hooked me up and started my IV (hate!). One of the doctors came in and did an ultrasound to see little ones position and he was now laying sideways! Multiple doctors came in to explain what would happen and everyone was super nice and very helpful. I was able to walk back into the OR and once in there things moved fairly quickly. I was remarkably calm, and I am not a calm person! LOL! I just kept breathing and telling myself I would meet my little guy soon! They started the spinal and I didn't feel a thing, really nothing! I was surprised, I have had a spinal tap before and knew those needles aren't fun! Once my lower half went numb they laid me down and put in the catheter. I then began to feel really sick to my stomach and told the anesthesiologist. She was fabulous by the way and told me she could alreay tell I was sick so she had alreayd pushed something through the IV, I instantly felt better! DH then came in and he was really freaked out by how calm I was! Before I knew it they said he was almost out! He had managed to turn himself head down and wrap the cord around his neck so it took a few minutes to get him out! Once I heard his cry I just starting bawling! It was to most amazing moment of my life and I will never forget it!

Jackson was born at 11:54 am weighing 8lbs, 3oz and 20.5 inches long. All and all my c-section was a positive experience and was by far less scary than I had imagined!

June 13th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! Glad you had such a good experience!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search